Share This Page:

What shower rooms do they have on board ship

"The Team Works" Discussions about the Royal Navy.
s3ansk1

What shower rooms do they have on board ship

Post by s3ansk1 »

Are the showers shared or are they private?? on board a rn ship that is.
Hands on

Post by Hands on »

Could not speak for navy ships, but In the army over the years I have come across all types from private to open to one long line or a bag hung above my head with holes In It.

If you are worried about this because you are shy It Is something you are going to have to overcome, It's very difficult to worry about shyness when In service life.
s3ansk1

Post by s3ansk1 »

its not that im shy, it was just out of interest to wether its still very old fashioned or wether you have some time to relax on your own and take a well earner shower without having to stare straight ahead lol!! thanks for reply appreciate it!
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

"Water on"......"Water off"Anybody? 8)
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

It's not the shower room but it's a picture of the gym being tested.

http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/server?sho ... ageIndex=8

There are some interactive tours of the ships if you're interested.

http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/server/show/nav.4714

All the best.
Last edited by Patrick on Tue 14 Oct, 2008 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timex

Post by timex »

Get in. get wet, get out. Soap up wash off get out...........you could also end up doing some "buttock boxing" in the process.

Water is usually short on ship so long showers are usually frowned on no matter how well deserved.
s3ansk1

Post by s3ansk1 »

Haha!! thanks for the replies chaps/chapesses. and thanks for the picture of the gym : ) and what the hells buttock boxing, sounds like a pain in the arse
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

As a new recruit you'd be pinged for keel-hauling duties anyway, so I wouldn't concern yourself with such trivial things as showers etc. Keel-hauling is encouraged. That way YOU get a nice long wash and the ship gets it's bum scratched at the same time.

I think you'll find that ALL facilities on board are shared.... including group showers. There just isn't the room on board for luxuries such as individual showers! 'Tis a Royal Navy ship you're thinking of joining , not bleedin' Cunard. Some ships are so cramped while at sea that even the beds are shared. And you should see the living conditions that submariners have to put up with for months on end (Fek THAT!!)

I'm not so sure I'd enjoy 'hot-bedding' with an oppo with a serious BO problem if I was on a ship on a cold winter exercise in mid Atlantic for a few weeks... You Navy boys can keep that....
s3ansk1

Post by s3ansk1 »

ummmmmmm keel-hauling???, and i know its not going to be luxury, i was just asking out of interest....do you get room service? and as for bed sharing, i'd rather have my tounge beaten wather thin with a steak tenderizer..... and then stapled to the floor with a croquet hoop. anyway on a serious note...d minor
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Keel-Hauling went two ways.
Beam to beam(You may survive)Or Stem to stern(Your dead)
Depends on how much you pissed-off the quarterdeck.

http://www.exeterflotilla.org/history_m ... leron.html
s3ansk1

Post by s3ansk1 »

ooooooookay: /
melons666

Post by melons666 »

Don't be shy! Get your kit off and get in with the lads! Its the navy its what you signed up for!
RN_DAN

Re: What shower rooms do they have on board ship

Post by RN_DAN »

yeah the showers are a little bit privite, you have a little block, but the water is frezzin cold some times, or they have low water presure, drip drip