Share This Page:

US DEAD IN IRAQ = 1000

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Greg S

US DEAD IN IRAQ = 1000

Post by Greg S »

1000 lives lost in 18 months....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0, ... 28,00.html

Also a interesting article about Beslan: http://www.guardian.co.uk/russia/articl ... 63,00.html
English Rose

Post by English Rose »

It's absolutely heartbreaking.

Just a shame a target has to be hit before people start thinking about how many have died ~ What next? 1500 and front page of Hello! magazine?

Sorry, just annoys me a bit.

Rest in Peace to the 1135 soldiers that have died out there so far :cry:
Waiting for my rocket to come.
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

What they don't tell you about is the 5000+ people who have been injured (missing limbs etc). The jobs done, now its time for the Iraqis to sort their own s**t out.
USARMY_

Post by USARMY_ »

The below link is, well it's just awful. Severe cation is suggested before viewing.

We are in the $hit whether we like it or not; these people need to be stopped.

Just cause we leave Iraq doesn't mean Islamic fundamentilist will not target westerners (or Nepalese: see link).

http://www.thenausea.com/elements/usa/i ... cution.wmv[/url]
First to Fire!!!

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
- Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite."
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
Ex-URNU-Student

Post by Ex-URNU-Student »

Anyone who supported this whole enterprise has no right to sit and whine about dead soldiers.
Big Boys Rules

Post by Big Boys Rules »

Ex-URNU-Student wrote:Anyone who supported this whole enterprise has no right to sit and whine about dead soldiers.
That is a particularly heartless comment, I imagine many of the dead did not ask to go, where is your compassion for their families and your respect for their service?

"Bayonet..." :fist:
You can not out think Det-Cord!!!
Ex-URNU-Student

^That remark was aimed primarily at the gung-ho warmongers who got us into this mess in the first place.

Any sympathy I had for the Yanks disappeared a long time ago, along with those WMD.

I care only for the welfare of HM Forces and noone else.

If someones offended then tough.
USARMY_

Post by USARMY_ »

Ex-URNU-Student wrote:^That remark was aimed primarily at the gung-ho warmongers who got us into this mess in the first place.

Any sympathy I had for the Yanks disappeared a long time ago, along with those WMD.

I care only for the welfare of HM Forces and noone else.

If someones offended then tough.
You are aware of course that there are/were a large number of Americans against the war and many Service men as well.

But even those who were in favor of it, I don't seem to remember our gov't asking their opinion on the matter.

...after the terror attacks on Russia last week, they have declared their own war on terror, can you say "Johnny Come Lately"?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms. ... 844773.cms

The Muslims want a world wide 14th century Caliphate and won't stop untill they are all dead. So what do we do? Appeasment won't work, the US tried that approach untill 9/11?

So any body got any bright ideas? Cause other than killing All the bastards, I'm fresh out.
First to Fire!!!

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

lew

Post by lew »

Ex-URNU-Student wrote:^That remark was aimed primarily at the gung-ho warmongers who got us into this mess in the first place.

Jesus Christ, what makes the American soldier on the ground any different from the British soldier on the ground then??? Its not like they get the choice to go there or not is it :roll:

I don’t agree with the war and the whole WMD issue either but is doesn’t mean its the soldiers fault does it.

Wind your neck in URNU.

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
Ex-URNU-Student

Firstly anyone who knows anything about Islam will tell you Muslims dont want a worldwide caliphate, they just want one in their own countries, so they can run their own affairs without foreign meddling.

Secondly the terror threat is so overblown its unbelievable.

What are Al-Qaida? A tiny disparate group of fanatics who carry out the occasional atrocity. The idea that these bandits are on the verge of overthrowing Western civilisation is so ridiculous it makes me laugh out loud.

Im not saying these these people shouldnt be tackled and taken out if they're an immediate threat, im no leftie I can tell you that much.

IMO Iraq was a strategic blunder of the highest order which gave succour to Al-Qaida. If Iraq wasnt a base for terrorists under Saddam it sure as hell is now. Large parts of Iraq are under insurgent control and its perfectly clear the US cant do much about it. So whats been gained?

Even ignoring the bogus WMD argument how did the UK benefit? How many reconstruction contracts did we get? I cant think of any either! All we got was a load of bodybags, a big bill and massive defence cuts as a result.

So forgive me if im a bit bitter.
MrMitty

Post by MrMitty »

Ex-URNU-Student wrote: Secondly the terror threat is so overblown its unbelievable.
few families in a certain russian town would agree.
Ex-URNU-Student

This is exactly what I mean. The school massacre, as bad as it was, hasnt moved us closer to being under bin Laden's rule, regardless of what Bush says. You, my friend, are letting emotion override logic.

In any case im sure the Chechens are also a bit upset about the 400000 of their people killed by the Russians.

My last words on the subject, I think the War on Terror is 20% fighting terror and 80% expanding US strategic and economic interests.
USARMY_

Post by USARMY_ »

Ex-URNU-Student wrote:This is exactly what I mean. The school massacre, as bad as it was, hasnt moved us closer to being under bin Laden's rule, regardless of what Bush says. You, my friend, are letting emotion override logic.

In any case im sure the Chechens are also a bit upset about the 400000 of their people killed by the Russians.

My last words on the subject, I think the War on Terror is 20% fighting terror and 80% expanding US strategic and economic interests.
Sooo say there was a band of murdering bastards roaming the English country side burning a school here lopping off a head there you'd be fine with that as long as they weren't set on revolution?

And the last bit on US "Expansion" say it is true, is that really a bad thing? Many a country has benefited by having a US military base leased on their lands.
First to Fire!!!

Greg S

Post by Greg S »

Lets rewind 20 years alright - Afghanistan and the Mudjahadeen. The CIA trained them (maybe delta and SAS too who knows) in guerilla warfare against the Russians. They win but then the warlords start fighting against each other (probably whats going to happen in Iraq).

The USA think 'oooer sod that, lets get out of here' - Bin Laden blames what happened in Afghanistan and Palestein on the USA so he forms A.Q.

A.Q blows up embassy, US ship and threats the USA directly. CIA muppets sit back on their arse investing in computers instead of putting more people on the ground to gather intel.

Then 9/11 happens.........

I'm sad to say all western countries are now in the same boat, the French were against the war yet that didn't stop terrorists in Iraq taking them hostage? They will use whatever force to acchieve their goals and NOBODY is safe from them - the sooner you realise this the better.
may18

Post by may18 »

Firstly i think the war is a mistake and makes britain a bigger target for terrorism

However, i find the idea that young american lives are somehow 'worth less' because of the actions of their government hard to fathom.

Regarding the 'overblown terrorist threat'

There have been a number of terrorist attacks in recent years, and i think that had britain suffered a terrorist attack like beslan or 9/11 people would feel the terrorist threat was very real indeed.

As for the fanatics, they need dont your nation to have invaded a country to hate you. France and germany have been threatened despite their opposition to the war, the red cross / red crescent has been attacked, aid workers helping children kidnapped.