Share This Page:

A new 'Bushism': We're gonna get us

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Ploggers

A new 'Bushism': We're gonna get us

Post by Ploggers »

And possibly the best to date;

Thursday 6th August, while signing the new defence bill in Washington, the leader of the free world said;

“Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we,” “They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.”

What a guy!

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5613296/
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Ploggers.
That is too funny for words,
I hope Whitey and Frank give it a good coat of looking at.
Oh,and ELP and all the new American members.
Wholley.
:silly:
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

See that is his conscience or his freudian slip. Told you he ain't no good, none of them are. Those who want to hurt us are incharge. Snyder said they are all venture capitalist's, I have to agree. If they can get more power and money they will do anything. Especially the power.
I don't trust none of them, but then again I think it doesn't matter what they do. I'm done changing my life for them. Tell me where to send my taxes and leave me alone. Last time a southeron asked to be left alone the country went to war.
Let them call me a rebel and I welcome it, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of demons were I to make a whore of my soul. (Thomas Paine)
ELP

Post by ELP »

The only thing I don't get is when someone in another country refers to our president as "leader of the free world". That is disturbing. If we had a real president they would be leader of the U.S. and thats it. Let all the rest of you solve your own problems.
:drinking:
[b]ELP[/b]

[img]http://www.defrep.org/graphics/cell.jpg[/img]
Ploggers

Post by Ploggers »

ELP wrote:The only thing I don't get is when someone in another country refers to our president as "leader of the free world". That is disturbing. If we had a real president they would be leader of the U.S. and thats it. Let all the rest of you solve your own problems.
:drinking:
It is usually said with one's tongue firmly in one's cheek. It's called irony, a bit like leady, coppery or steely but much more stupid.
Mince

Post by Mince »

ELP wrote:The only thing I don't get is when someone in another country refers to our president as "leader of the free world". That is disturbing.
I don't like it either. You should have seen the news coverage when he made his state visit over here recently; they were dribbling all over him. Another corker is "the most powerful man in the world". Powerful he may be, but there's no need to start rubbing oil into his biceps. "Oh George! You're just so ... powerful!".
goreD.

Post by goreD. »

The man is an IDIOT.

Gore.
Mexican bandit, "Badges?! We don't need no stinking badges....."
Major Kong, "Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in vegas with all that stuff....."
Gore, "The first casualty of war is your underpants....."
bigbart

Post by bigbart »

Makes Ronald Reagan look like Albert f***ing Einstein
"Some day a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets..."
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

bigbart wrote:Makes Ronald Reagan look like Albert f***ing Einstein
Brilliant!! 'Lets Nuke the bastards!' :D
Ploggers

Post by Ploggers »

The difference is that Gipper had some good qualites. Bush is just thick!!
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

I bet if he understood gay marriage he'd be for it, lucky for us he doesn't. He and Tone could marry, they might as well. :lol:

My favorite saying of his is something like "Most of America's imports come from oversea's"
What a dumbass. John Kerry could easily end up president if he keeps this up. :lol:
Let them call me a rebel and I welcome it, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of demons were I to make a whore of my soul. (Thomas Paine)
bigbart

Post by bigbart »

Remember the ex vice-president, Dan Quayle? He was a genius, too.

"We expect them [Salvadoran officials] to work toward the elimination of human rights. "
-- Vice President Dan Quayle
"Some day a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets..."
snyder

Post by snyder »

I'll leave Clinton aside here, because if I were to say something like Clinton lost more brains everytime he sneezed (or emitted other bodily fluids 8)) than George W. ever had, it would be a partisan remark and we'd be off to the races. So let's compare George W. to his father. Two gulf wars, and just look at the contrast in planning, execution and outcomes, not to mention the financial side of it. I never voted for either Bush, but I had a level of respect for Bush Sr. that I'll never in a million years have for the fortunate son.

I'm waiting for the day when raw I.Q. in a president, regardless of party, will come back into fashion. We have 290 million people and the president is someone who can barely read? Something's very, very wrong with this picture. Brits, I have to say I really feel for you guys. Blair I'm sure has all kinds of flaws but the guy isn't anyone's idiot. But he's been forced to wear a mental speed governor, and it's just about destroyed the guy in the process. For shame, for shame. :(
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

snyder wrote: I'm waiting for the day when raw I.Q. in a president, regardless of party, will come back into fashion.
Perhaps, but then they may push someone like Poindexter down our throats.
Then watch out...
snyder

Post by snyder »

Or Cheney for that matter. I'd never suggest that I.Q. should be the sole factor, but I was thinking that it could be useful to avoid installing a functional retard. It seems like sort of an important job, that presidency. Maybe we could draw some inspiration from the British and have Congress appoint the president to do the real work and have a queen to wear floral hats and wave a wand at cermonies. It being America, we'd have to elect our queen. How about co-queens, say Richard Simmons and George W.? One of them could be queen on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and the other could be queen on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

Sunday could be a day of rest, because we'd need it.