Share This Page:

Bed Bugs

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?

Bed Bugs

Post by Guest »

Well, apparently, the little barstools are making a come back big style. I wonder if they are related to the ones that used to live in the accomodation at Luqa airport (Malta), the ones who used to have a feast on different, "Meat" every night as the Guard changed was changed daily. I think most people used to sleep in the chairs and anywhere else they could find refuge :o
Sully

Post by Sully »

I caught scabies from an old G10 slug once. The doctor looked at me quizically and said "Erm....do you live in an institution?" :o "You could say that" says I and left it at that. Bugger to get rid of but I'm not infested anymore :wink:
Per Flank, Per Tank
Artist

Post by Artist »

4L2 (38 mess) Fearless.

After one exercise we moved back into the mess and after one night discovered that the French Foreign Legion had bought there own supply
of nasty little things and had totally infested the entire messdeck.

Jacks remedy was typical Jack, copious ammounts of DDT or it's equivelant. Our resident Whooleyback reckoned it was like living in Port Sunlight!

It seemed like all the messdeck members had developed a whole new genus of Zits and Things. Hateful week it was. Made a Dhoby Itch seem like a happy memory. :o

Artist

Post by Guest »

slightly drifting away from bed bugs, but i did hear a cure for Crabs ( not our friends who fly planes) is whiskey and sand, you pour some whiskey onto your parts, and sprinkle on some sand, the little buggers get pissed on the whiskey and then start chucking rocks at each other :wink: top tip of the day :drinking:
Mike

Post by Mike »

I caught a dose of Crabs from Crabs bog in the NAFFI at Steamer Point, Aden..... Got rid of em when the Doc told me to get a bottle of Old Spice and said to liberally dose me Privates with the stuff........had the best parts in the business and it did the job....... :o
The Honourable Lord Mike of Loch Borralan
.........................Because I AM Worth IT..xxxx.......Never Mistake Motion for Action
Ploggers

Post by Ploggers »

Mike wrote:I caught a dose of Crabs from Crabs bog in the NAFFI at Steamer Point, Aden..... Got rid of em when the Doc told me to get a bottle of Old Spice and said to liberally dose me Privates with the stuff........had the best parts in the business and it did the job....... :o
Behave yourself, admit the truth! How bad was she?
mercury

Post by mercury »

I got scabies from a hamster but it was above the age of consent :lol:
"certa cito"
owdun

Post by owdun »

NATO exercise in the 50s, 42 CDO transport picked off the beach by Greek LST and taken to Pireus for transfer to Striker. Every man jack of us caught crabs. Back at St Andrews ,join the queue at sick-bay for a couple of pound of AL63 powder, enter canteen to cries of "Unclean Unclean" blokes diving in all directions to avoid contact, felt ever so lonely. :o :D :D

Aye Owdun. :evil:

Post by Guest »

June 76, flew from Malta to Newfoundland by Herc :o whilst at Blue Mountain, some of the guys caught Fleas quite amusing watching them getting stripped off, all their kit in plastic bags and Torched :lol: , bastards got new kit and a shed load of powder and other bits of kit, plus a wide berth from the rest of the unit.
Benw

Post by Benw »

Speaking of bugs:
They run 10 mph, jump three feet, are a nocturnal spider, so only come
out at night unless they are in shade. When they bite you, you are injected with Novocain so you go numb instantly. You don't even know
you are bitten when you are sleeping, so you wake up with part of your leg or arm missing because it has been gnawing on it all night long.

If you are walking around and you bump something that is casting a shadow over it, and the sun makes contact with it, you better run. It will
instantly run for your shadow, and scream the whole time it is chasing
you.

The one on the bottom is eating the one on the top. These are Spiders
found daily in IRAQ by troops. Imagine waking up and seeing one of these in your tent!!

http://www.geocities.com/benpmp/night_vision.html
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... 'F*ck, what a trip!'

Start Basic 24th May
carter12

Re: Bed Bugs

Post by carter12 »

Hello Guys,

Execute BED BUGS IN YOUR BED
To start, strip your bed everything being equal, pillowcases, and other sheet material, and seal them in plastic refuse packs to keep kissing bugs from getting away and plaguing different parts of your home. Take the sacks directly to the clothes washer, and wash them utilizing the high temp water setting. At that point, dry the bedding on high warmth if their labels permit it. This warmth treatment will slaughter any bloodsuckers or eggs stowing away in your bedding.