Share This Page:

Need some advice on joining army

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Mjamesg95

Need some advice on joining army

Post by Mjamesg95 »

Hi people my name is Matt new to this forum 24 years old from Devon. Just after some advice and guidance really.
Always thought of joining so sort of job in armed forces when I was in school done abit of cadets and things always thought of it . Then left school found job going on scaffolding was only took as a stop gap. Fell into drinking partying drugs for a few years then met someone and calmed down ended up moving into a house together bla bla had a son now is nearly 3 and just had a baby girl. Life’s good, but that part of me wanting to join army is kept back up on me now is becoming obsessive. Been scaffolding 7 years now and tired of the same day to day boring life.

Just want people’s thoughts and advice at the minuet only thing stopping me number 1 is of course kids . And then things like the money the training and starting pay isn’t great for the army and I’m worried this would effect my family. Lastly just not having all information required about joining what to expect how to sign up and if I’ll be making the right decision or not.

Any feed back I would be great full