Share This Page:

A WARNING TO ALL WALTERS.- MF is not your playground

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Zero_Higher

A WARNING TO ALL WALTERS.- MF is not your playground

Post by Zero_Higher »

I like to think of myself as a fairly laid back, easy going and reasonable person. However this weekend I’ve had my cage well and truly rattled.
As some of you know already. I deployed on Herrick and spent my entire tour in a CP. We patrolled daily and had plenty of scraps, particularly in November. Now, I have since left the Army and am enjoying this latest chapter in my life. That does not mean however that I will ever stand by and allow anyone take the piss out of my oppos.

I will never forget the day when one of my oppos lay gravely wounded in a compound after an IED blast traumatically amputated his right leg from the knee down and damaged his left so badly that it too later had to be amputated. His life was saved by the swift actions of our entire multiple, the majority providing 360 defence whilst the others kept him alert and responsive. Even as we rushed him on a prometheus stretcher onto the back of MERT, the c*nts decided to contact us. Meaning we had to return fire before loading our oppo onto the back of the Chinook.

That is a story that only those on the ground and on that op that day deserve to tell. Although on Saturday night I was appalled to overhear some complete Walter tell a shockingly similar story at a bar, the same bar that the lads and I were holding a reunion at. It later transpired that this idiot had overheard this and was using it to impress a barman. A little digging proved that this clown “Walts” all the time and often tells people he served in Afghan when in fact he has never been anywhere near.

Now I have not typed all this, just for a rant. I am using this as a platform to warn any walters out there, that Military forums will not tolerate that sort of behaviour. We all know that this place has had its issues with Walters in the past. Stories such as “I’m ex Para/Royal/UKSF etc, at one time seemed to surface with alarming regularity here. Due to the fantastic memberlist we have here at the forums these compulsive fantasists were often ID’d and binned in quick time.
The internet offers individuals the chance to change their age, gender and background at will. It is this fact that appeals to the Walter and offers them the chance to grab a bit of attention for themselves.
As a moderator I will not turn a blind eye to any member that is bullied and unfairly targeted. With that in mind I urge anyone that has suspicions that a member is falsely claiming to be something that they are not, drop me a PM and it will be investigated.
And to any member reading this that knows that they are lying. As a wise man once said “it may be easier to be a fake somebody but you are still a real nobody”. You may have the desire to want to be somebody important without expending any effort. Get a grip, change that mindset and get of your arse and join.
Thanks for reading,

Zero.
A determined person doesn't find it hard to succeed; they find it hard to stop trying
Rover

Re: A WARNING TO ALL WALTERS.- MF is not your playground

Post by Rover »

Await the 2014 awards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jowHEuVRdJQ

Not only will you find them such forums as Face Book professing their ‘military exploits’!
But you can also find them openly parading themselves as former members of elite units or as having a military record beyond all reason. Some, apart from appearing once or twice a year wearing more medals than a North Korean bus conductor, also join various service associations.
RMA, RNA and the RBL have been used by some to give themselves a cover of legitimacy.
Their downfall being when people start asking questions.

The simplest being on any military forum, ‘Do you know this person?’
It can then become a very small world.
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Zero_Higher

Post by Zero_Higher »

To actually meet someone that was using the hideous injuries one of my multiple sustained during an Op to big himself up proved to me just how low these creatures can stoop.

However.What I do not want to see, is anyone initiating a witch hunt on here. Prior to plastering someones face and personal details over the internet, stop and think.

Any one with suspicions should contact a Mod in the first instance. As you said Rover, circles can get quite small.

Zero.
A determined person doesn't find it hard to succeed; they find it hard to stop trying
prepping 2015

Post by prepping 2015 »

I find it shocking that anyone would do this... How about instead of faking, they just sign up themselves if they wanna play soldier so bad?