Share This Page:

Paras

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Sambob

Paras

Post by Sambob »

Does anyone know what attachments do the paras have on there weapons
Tab

Re: Paras

Post by Tab »

It will depend on what you are doing. 1 Para has a wide range of weapons being Special Forces Support
Sambob

Post by Sambob »

If they were out to capture a war criminal/ out in the open woodland
mike.dt

Post by mike.dt »

Sambob, you're thinking about the paras as if they are straight out of call of duty! How many attachments do you think there are?! They don't use underslung miniature shotguns or anything. An infantry platoon would have about 6 UGL's spread around for added weight of fire, but other than that you're talking nightsights, susats, and bayonets on the SA80. The L129 'Sharpshooter' has a foregrip and bi-pod amongst others. If you're talking SF then that's different, they get loads of gucci kit to play with in the SAS/SBS/SRR. The paras are an elite infantry regiment, but they don't get to pick and choose from a massive range of attachments.

The decision on attachments would be made by the OC or PC and would be subject to operational requirements and equipment availabilty. So you could never know what kit the lads might be using for a certain scenario.

I have seen some complete lunatics on exercise before, with button compasses taped to their rifle, everyone else is on Mag North and they're following 'Barrel North'.
Warfare Not Welfare
(Body Armour not Benefits)
Sambob

Post by Sambob »

I'm not a little kid I know they don't use underslung shotguns and things like that I know in afgan the British use acog scopes I'm not that stupid I just wondered because the paras ore an elite unit
mike.dt

Post by mike.dt »

Sambob wrote:I'm not a little kid I know they don't use underslung shotguns and things like that I know in afgan the British use acog scopes I'm not that stupid I just wondered because the paras ore an elite unit
Sorry if I was a bit hostile with you. The ACOG is only used on the L129 I believe, and there's only about 400 out there. They are dished out to Army Marksman.

Out of interest, why is it that you want to know about attachments?
Warfare Not Welfare
(Body Armour not Benefits)
Sambob

Post by Sambob »

Because I was thinking of joining the paras and I was wondering what weapons and attachments they use
Tab

Post by Tab »

Weapons attachments that will vary depending on what battalion you join.....Now it is normally not the job of the Para's to chase around war criminals and they are about as rare as hens teeth. Also you don't think you want to join the Para's, to join them it is more of a calling than an after thought as you will sweat blood to pass the course and if it is just an after thought to join them then you will never make it.