Share This Page:

Thinking about joining the RAF or the RN as a pilot HELP

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
timex

Re: Thinking about joining the RAF or the RN as a pilot HELP

Post by timex »

Just make sure that your GCSE's and any other quals are to as high a standard as you can.
Nero

Post by Nero »

You'll be grilled to death with questions at selection so I'd keep up to date with the news, research your branch, be it RAF or Navy.

Get involved in the community, you will need to show you can work in a team and that you have leadership qualities. Sport is a good choice as it will make you fit as well. You've a few years yet, I'd suggest joining the ATC as I regret not doing so and I'm sure it would have helped me heaps.

I'm taking the same route but I'll be going to university next year and applying for the military in 2015.
Undecided.

Post by Undecided. »

Nero wrote:You'll be grilled to death with questions at selection so I'd keep up to date with the news, research your branch, be it RAF or Navy.

Get involved in the community, you will need to show you can work in a team and that you have leadership qualities. Sport is a good choice as it will make you fit as well. You've a few years yet, I'd suggest joining the ATC as I regret not doing so and I'm sure it would have helped me heaps.

I'm taking the same route but I'll be going to university next year and applying for the military in 2015.
What kind of questions do they usually ask ? and what does ATC stand for ?
Nero

Post by Nero »

Undecided. wrote:
Nero wrote:You'll be grilled to death with questions at selection so I'd keep up to date with the news, research your branch, be it RAF or Navy.

What kind of questions do they usually ask ? and what does ATC stand for ?
I haven't done selection, but they ask about the relevant force. So if you joined the RAF you'd be asked questions on the aircraft, bases, capability etc as well as the training you will undertake. They'll ask personal questions as well regarding your school, home life, positions of responsibility/leadership etc.

ATC is the air training corps (air cadets), it will be a good experience for you and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Happy to answer any more questions you have.