Share This Page:

European Tactical Firearms Course.

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
tony815

European Tactical Firearms Course.

Post by tony815 »

Hello Everyone,
I just wanted to introduce myself and get some opinions from the members here on this site. I'll just give you a bit of back ground about myself first.
I am Ex British Army and Police from 1992 to 2003. I left to live in Italy where I am still today. After qualifiing and attianing both the Italian Hunting and Sport shooting licences I was asked to teach at the local shooting range. I have been teaching both private and public individuals/organisations since. I completed and attained a dipolma in tactical firearms and am now a Italian tactical firearms instructor, mainly I teach tactical shooting to the Italian state and road police, also some private armed guards.
I recently had a friend over who I was teaching and he mentioned that maybe this might appeal to members on this site and police looking to attain a European tactical firearms accreditation. He thought it would be a good thing to have on someones CV. It would also be useful for those Police Officers seeking to join Firearms Units or Military personel looking for boarden their current knowledge of pistols and tactical defence.
I was thinking of just a few courses of no more than 8. Each individual would have extensive instruction in numerous pistols over a 2 day course, probably Friday and Saturday. At the end they would recieve a European accredition in tactical firearms, providing they passed a exam which isn't too difficult. I would look to September/October this year at the earliest. The course wouldn't cost alot and include accomadation and food for both days. Also it wouldn't be profit making and all funds would go to the National Italian firearms assocation to improve shooting facilities and develop youth shooting.
I don't know what you think, but please let me know if anyone would be interested?
Tdivers

Re: European Tactical Firearms Course.

Post by Tdivers »

Tony sounds like your on to a good thing and i dare say it would appeal to some members. Particularly those leaving the forces. Have you looked at registering with CTP for Elcas and resettlement side of things. I know a lot of people don't want to stay in the UK and things like this are definetly appealing.
tony815

Post by tony815 »

Tdivers wrote:Tony sounds like your on to a good thing and i dare say it would appeal to some members. Particularly those leaving the forces. Have you looked at registering with CTP for Elcas and resettlement side of things. I know a lot of people don't want to stay in the UK and things like this are definetly appealing.
Thanks.
No I hadn't thought of that I will contact them to see what I need to do.
tony815

Post by tony815 »

Hello,
Just to update, I have had several positive replies from yourselves and others on doing a few tactical firearms courses this year. I will look to start in October. If anyone is seriously interested please leave a private message and will contact you with the necessary information.
Tony