Share This Page:

How long is the recruitment contract binding?

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
WOW! That hurt.

How long is the recruitment contract binding?

Post by WOW! That hurt. »

When you join the army, what length of time are you obligated to serve? I spoke to a recruiter a while back, but for the life of me, I forgot the details. There is a lot of old information floating around and I was just hoping someone could put the correct info in front of me.

From what I remember it's a 12 year contract. You are obligated to serve 4 years and in the first 6 months you can leave at anytime. Once your 6 months is up, if you want to leave before the 4 year mark, you have to wait 12 months if you want out. That's what I remember, but I don't hold any faith in that recollection. My mate told me once your 6 months is up your staying for the whole 4 years.

Thanks
MSI64

Re: How long is the recruitment contract binding?

Post by MSI64 »

4 years three months is minimum length of service. Over 18 you have a option to leave within the first 28 days of Phase one training. Under 18 and I think its six months with parents permission.
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

Erwin Rommel (Desert Fox)
WOW! That hurt.

Re: How long is the recruitment contract binding?

Post by WOW! That hurt. »

Ok, That's exactly what I was looking for. Cheers.