Share This Page:

could i have some help please.

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
02leaveg

could i have some help please.

Post by 02leaveg »

in the past few months i have been collecting statements from friends & family to form a appeal against the decsision to reject my initial application on the grounds that i had a DLS on my medical record, this DLS was three years ago and i have had no problems with depression since nor before it for that matter, i have not been on medication or needed any treatment because of it, but since then i have noticed my confidence grow and my maturity too. i had just turned 16 at the time and im now 19.

i
so far i have statements confirming my mental stabity and willingness from a number of friends, i have not asked my parents yet as its a touchy subject but i will make sure to get one from both of them. i also have a doctors letter, saying that i have no problems ect.

but i was wondering if there was anything else i can do to help the situation, joing the army has been a lifelong dream of mine, in particular the parachute reg, D company, Target aquistion. thanks to any help

Gavin.
Tab

Re: could i have some help please.

Post by Tab »

The person you really need on side is your doctor, still if the army has turned you down then they must have a very good reason, and what appears to some thing you have wanted to do all life can easily change when you are in the Army and even more when you are under fire
02leaveg

Post by 02leaveg »

i completely agree, it was a self harm action that got the application rejected, this was a one time thing, i was wondering if it would be worth it to try to get another psychogist to give me the all clear and have it in writing to back up the doctors letter i already have?
I personally have gone through a drastic change since then and this is something ive been working towards for years now, my fitness is at its peak, running 1.5 is 8.40mins
Tab

Post by Tab »

The problem in the Forces is that if any thing should go wrong with you while you are in the Forces, then the Forces will take the blame for taking you on knowing that you had a problem, for them it is a Catch 22 situation
02leaveg

Post by 02leaveg »

i see where your coming from, i guess they cant just take me on because of it and cant necessarily just take me word.
im hoping my case will be stronger than others though, i have read about people in the same boat as me, bt the difference is, They've needed treatment ect, where i didnt, and i was passed by the hospitals psychologists. also they had no clear idea what they wanted to do, whereas i know i want to getinto the paras, they also had no idea on how to form a appeal. so far what i have for mine is; 8 statements(all positive) but i want at least 10 also i have one i wrote which explains evertythuing after and before the event, a doctors note explaining the lack of any treatment, but thats it so far