Share This Page:

Where's the Forum gone?

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Hostage_Negotiator

Re: Where's the Forum gone?

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

Come on guys,don't let this once great place die on it's arse!
Jay if you want to save this you're gonna have to lead from the front mate!
"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Beast »

Getting there slowly, just implementing a few slight changes at present.
Archie

Post by Archie »

It's good to see that you're all trying hard to maintain the forum.

Thanks to Rover on his kind comments about the fabled Paris Dakar thread, it was a collabarative piece with suggestions and ideas woven into the most un-PC of stories, nobody was immune from a ribbing and nearly alll took it in good humour :agrue: .

Speaking personaly I moved away from MF solely because of the poor standards of modding that applied at the time, it seemed to me that if you said anything that a certain mod disagreed with then you'd be sniped at for ever and a day. I felt I could do without this crap. As I only ever used the RM bunker because it seemed that the rest of the forum was populated by spotty yoofs and wannabees it was obvious that I'd be better off at an RM forum, run by Bootnecks for Bootnecks.

I hope all goes well here, you do have some good people.
Archie.

"If there is a better way......find it!" (Thomas Alva Edison)
Walter Kovacks

Post by Walter Kovacks »

H_N,

Good Effort,
Some very well presented points and ideas. I don't have to agree with them all to appreciate the value of your post.

Also some very valid points from others, such as Archie.
Scottish Thistle

Post by Scottish Thistle »

It's been far, far too long since I logged in here.

It's sad to see this place to derelict and would be fantastic to regain half of what we had here before.

In saying that, Skiffle (how weird does it feel calling him that after all these years :D ) and I are just as guilty as anyone of letting this place slip off our radar a bit. I think sometimes life just gets in the way and it's easy to let places like this drop. But it's a shame to think of all the people we've lost touch with.

Would be good if we could all get back together for a Mil Forums reunion, even just for one night. I'm sure between us we could arrange a time and get the word out to enough people.

Anyhoo, hope everyone who looks in is well. Skiff, I and the boys are all good. Got out of the city and now living the rural Highland life and love it :D
Live well - laugh often - love much
Archie

Post by Archie »

Scottish Thistle wrote:It's been far, far too long since I logged in here.

It's sad to see this place to derelict and would be fantastic to regain half of what we had here before.

In saying that, Skiffle (how weird does it feel calling him that after all these years :D ) and I are just as guilty as anyone of letting this place slip off our radar a bit. I think sometimes life just gets in the way and it's easy to let places like this drop. But it's a shame to think of all the people we've lost touch with.

Would be good if we could all get back together for a Mil Forums reunion, even just for one night. I'm sure between us we could arrange a time and get the word out to enough people.

Anyhoo, hope everyone who looks in is well. Skiff, I and the boys are all good. Got out of the city and now living the rural Highland life and love it :D
Nice to hear from you

Say hi to Skiff for me

Archie

now resident at Once a Marine always a marine. http://civviestreet.proboards.com/index.cgi
Archie.

Rover

Post by Rover »

Hello SC,

Good to hear you are all well and have escaped to the country. :D

The first Mil Forums I attended was back in the early days in Nantwich, billed as a reunion for people who had never met!!
Started by Artist with people from far and wide. Normal, met in a pub and ended with a curry. :onfire:
A good time had by all.
Next one being down in Dorset again different faces, Archie even got an 'away day' from far south. :D

Will be interesting to see the Bunker again and see if anything was left behind the bar!!!!

Rover
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Had two experiences at #6.The then current squeeze was not amused but then she had to drive 8)
terryrat

Post by terryrat »

How do we get into the Retreat and the Bunker then??........ :snipersmile: ......... :2gunfire:
THE BERET OF THE ROYAL MARINE COMMANDO, He who wear's it does so with pride. He who doesn't has no f@*king concept of how hard it is to attain!
Archie

Post by Archie »

The bunker was by invite only but I think it's now defunct.

Most of the old Bunker members now reside at Once a Marine always a Marine http://civviestreet.proboards.com/index.cgi
Archie.

Hostage_Negotiator

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

Yep' looks like the Bunker and Retreat have gone again....oh well!
"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Beast »

Shhhhh, its in the process. ;)
Tab

Post by Tab »

The only people that help make a site hum are the posters, and if they don't post then the site fades.
timex

Post by timex »

Tab wrote:The only people that help make a site hum are the posters, and if they don't post then the site fades.

Totally agree, sadly most posts are from potential recruits to the Military who ask a question and then disappear.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

i second that. there seems a lack of prolonged two way going on. you give your input then it seems to fall flat, even if you try and add sarcy-asm or humour, ( or use text speak i.e 'lol' to be hip n down with the kids). maybe as per tv we need a plant to 'shake things up a bit' and make it interesting 'lol'.....
'Every man an Emperor'