Share This Page:

British Army, Full up?

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
RC450

British Army, Full up?

Post by RC450 »

I've heard mention of the Army currently running at max and delays in recruitment after the initial selection. Those of you who've recently passed selection do you find this true?

Also, in certain circumstances do the Army speed up the process/allocate space for candidates they might find beneficial?

I hope I don't come across as "big headed" with the above reference, I am thinking maybe their is a case where their may be positions available for those with certain qualifications etc, like positions for qualified trades people who don't require going through the apprenticeship program?
Tab

Post by Tab »

I know that the Para's are at full strength
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Yes the British Army is currently at 97.5% maning so alot of the more popular regiments are heaving. I myself have been told I would not get to basic till April 2010 because of this and I was not happy bunny.

The only way you can get a bit of priority is you have immediate family serving in the regiment you are wanting to join. It may work if someone like your grandad used to serve in that regiment but its not beneficial as serving family for some reason.

As to the qualifications I know they will put you above anyone who does'nt have a qualification because you will take less time to train and it shows you are not a complete idiot.

In my case my grandad used to serve in the regiment I want to join so that MAY give me a bit of blood priority but my main thing that will help is my 3 A levels in computers and computer science which is very handy in operating a tank.

All the above information was told to me by a serving Captain so it can be regarded as accurate.

Tom
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Beast »

Because of the current economical climate and the shortage of jobs theres currently no shortage of civvies signing up.

HM Armed Forces are currently overstretched as it is... have patience peeps and use the extra time to get into shape and prepared.

The time will soon pass quick enough. ;)
RC450

Post by RC450 »

Cheers for the replies, I have my BARB early next month, I should have a better idea on what the recruitment situation is like in my local area. I guess the Army continue with selections as it keeps the dedicated recruitment/section staff active, also keeping a strong base of candidates/ reserves should they be required?
Training started 10/09

BARB test done

Awaiting medical
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

tom163 wrote:Yes the British Army is currently at 97.5% maning so alot of the more popular regiments are heaving. I myself have been told I would not get to basic till April 2010 because of this and I was not happy bunny.

The only way you can get a bit of priority is you have immediate family serving in the regiment you are wanting to join. It may work if someone like your grandad used to serve in that regiment but its not beneficial as serving family for some reason.

As to the qualifications I know they will put you above anyone who does'nt have a qualification because you will take less time to train and it shows you are not a complete idiot.

In my case my grandad used to serve in the regiment I want to join so that MAY give me a bit of blood priority but my main thing that will help is my 3 A levels in computers and computer science which is very handy in operating a tank.

All the above information was told to me by a serving Captain so it can be regarded as accurate.

Tom
Blood priority???? thats one I have never heard of
(think that could be bull)
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

Erwin Rommel (Desert Fox)
tom163

Post by tom163 »

MSI64 wrote:
tom163 wrote:Yes the British Army is currently at 97.5% maning so alot of the more popular regiments are heaving. I myself have been told I would not get to basic till April 2010 because of this and I was not happy bunny.

Tom
I dunno mate, thats he called it and said if I had family serving I would get some sort of priority.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

tom163 wrote:
MSI64 wrote:

Tom
I dunno mate, thats he called it and said if I had family serving I would get some sort of priority.
Was someone not listening?????
SERVING ie once your in, if you had a brother in a certain Regt then he could claim you. your grandad who served in the Regt wont get you in any faster!!!!
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

Erwin Rommel (Desert Fox)
tom163

Post by tom163 »

MSI64 wrote:
tom163 wrote:
MSI64 wrote: Blood priority???? thats one I have never heard of
Was someone not listening?????
SERVING ie once your in, if you had a brother in a certain Regt then he could claim you. your grandad who served in the Regt wont get you in any faster!!!!
Yeah I know, I asked you a while back didnt I. I was telling the OP that if he had serving family it may be better for him.
Sir Hawkwood

Post by Sir Hawkwood »

In times of economic hardship you'll find that recruitment in the armed forces goes up.
I got out when it was boomtime, now it's bust the military is often a place the young go to instead the job centre.
www.ontheroadthailand.com
www.divinglore.com