Share This Page:

maybe fubar... Legion?

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
bored_stupid

Post by bored_stupid »

Danielchristopherlee wrote:A hungarian jew named Imré Kovacs, who had witnessed the massacre of his family, managed to infiltrate the hungarian SS.( Apparently he was so scared during his medical that his penis shrunk and they did not notice anything lacking.) Taken prisoner by the russians he spent time as a POW with others who had perpetrated war crimes against the Jewish people.
Released after the war Imré travelled to Israel and fought the british where he saw the birth of his nation. Contacted by a secret Israeli organisation he was persuaded to join the Légion Etranger and was given a list of names of Nazi war criminals. Whenever he discovered someone on the list he would make contact with his organisation and the next day the man on the list would mysteriously disappear.
Imré fought at the battle of Dien Bien Phu and also in the France-Algeria war before finally settling down and becoming a waiter in a Parisien restaurant !
Sounds like the plot to a film! :lol:

Is there any evidence to back up his claims?

I find it hard to understand why, after witnessing the massacre of his family (why wasn't he killed too?) he'd try to infiltrate the SS, where he'd be doing the same sort of thing, does he give the reason why?

The other things you mention don't seem to make sense either, the British forces were out of Palastine by 1948 and I doubt the Russians released any SS prisoners after only a couple of years. Also I doubt any Jew would look kindly on another Jew who had served in the SS during the war much less be employed by Mossad to hunt down other members of the SS!

Lastly, I doubt he'd have been able to locate any specific individuals within the Legion unless by sheer luck as the Legion at that time was huge and was very busy on operations so its not like you could bimble round looking for blokes to tick off your list. The other consideration is that all the books I've read by Legionaires at that time state that there was almost no contact with the outside world for the entire five years of their service and what mail was sent/recieved was heavily censored so I find it hard to see how he could have had names passed to him regularly who he'd then hunt down and have "eliminated."

Unless he's provided evidence in the book to back up his claims I'd say on the face of it his book is likely to be mostly fantasy. A bit like the other two books you've recommended on here in the past :lol:

Definitely would make a good plot for a film though!