Share This Page:

Hey need help navy army or RAF

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
scottmmm

Hey need help navy army or RAF

Post by scottmmm »

im wanting to go into the services as a medic all the services have this job role in some way or another i was wanting to know which one was the best in you opinions or what the differences between them are more importantly any info or links would be appreciated.
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

Initially, go to your local AFCO. They can answer your questions with more up to the minute gen than we can.
gooner_27

Post by gooner_27 »

I would have thought all three would be just as demanding, But deffinetly chat with your local AFCO and go from there.
BARB TEST 60
WRITTEN MED PASSED
FORMAL INTERVIEW PASSED
ADSC PASSED
INTAKE 30TH NOVEMBER 2009 ATR PIRBRIGHT
ROYAL LOGISTIC CORPS
Tab

Post by Tab »

In the Army you can wind up any where
In the RAF you will be mainly based at a RAF Station
In The Navy you could spend quite a bit of time on board ship
Now work out what you want and then go fo it
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

British Armed Forces.
Royal Navy.No ships(All been cancelled)
Royal Air force.No aircraft.
Army.Nothing new since 1989 when the A2 was dropped on you.
bored_stupid

Post by bored_stupid »

Wholley wrote:British Armed Forces.
Royal Navy.No ships(All been cancelled)
Neither Astute or T45 have been cancelled, we may not be getting as many hulls as the Navy wanted but they are still being delivered.
Wholley wrote:Royal Air force.No aircraft.
All 232 Typhoons will be delivered as the cost to cancel tranche 3 will be more than any savings gained, also there's no serious talk of the F35 contract for 150 airframes being cancelled as of yet so hardly classes as no aircraft.
Wholley wrote:Army.Nothing new since 1989 when the A2 was dropped on you.
Nothing new since 1989 you say? What about Challenger II, AS90, GMLRS & Apache??

As for the A2 being "dropped on us" in 1989 I think you'll find that was actually the L85 A1 the A2 version was the designation for upgrade undertaken by Heckler & Koch 2000.

If you're going to take the piss it's best not to leave yourself open with school boy mistakes :wink: It's also a good idea to at least be funny too! :lol:
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

You can take a left.
British Armed Forces are screwed by their own government.
Little like the US in Vietnam.
If you go to war THEN YOU GO TO WAR.Pull the handles,get the troops in and do the job or f@#k off out and if you choose the last option guess where will we will be in 2010?
Not that I care,I'll be in the US by Monday.
"School Boy Mistakes"?You must be a wondrous person with a personality
and the ability of a Professor to second guess everyone you interloculate with :P
The Apache is American,Hekler and Koch are Belgian.
bored_stupid

Post by bored_stupid »

Wholley wrote:You can take a left.
British Armed Forces are screwed by their own government.
Little like the US in Vietnam.
That may be, but there's plenty of facts to back those sorts of opinions up without having to make up false ones.
Wholley wrote:If you go to war THEN YOU GO TO WAR.Pull the handles,get the troops in and do the job or f@#k off out and if you choose the last option guess where will we will be in 2010?
Where would we be in 2010? (I guess my power to second guess the people I have a conversation with are lacking tonight :wink:)
Wholley wrote:"School Boy Mistakes"?You must be a wondrous person with a personality
and the ability of a Professor to second guess everyone you interloculate with :P
School boy mistakes because you seem to get things just ever so slightly wrong, see below as another case in point :wink: As for my personality, I wouldn't be spending most of my time on the internet if I actually had one of those! so it would seem we have something in common :o :P
Wholley wrote:The Apache is American,Hekler and Koch are Belgian.
Heckler and Koch are German actually :roll: but then I never said either were British, you said the Army hadn't had anything new since 1989 no one mentioned anything about the countries we buy our equiptment from.