Share This Page:

As I'm stuck in this country

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
GOS44

Post by GOS44 »

London Boy wrote:
Wholley wrote: currently thinking of early retirement as the BS she has to deal with is making it almost impossible to actually teach.
The BS was why I left the police in 96 and migrated to Sweden, before it got really bad.

Speaking to London coppers that I know that are still there, they say to me "James you wouldn't recognise it, the fun we had & the satisfaction we got from the job in the early 90s...forget it mate that's long gone, and you're better off out of it"
Back in the 90's we had proper coppers, not the 16 year old boys and girls we have patrolling the streets. I cant remember the last time I seen a real copper
"This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. Slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and should not be considered flaws or defects."
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

One of the reasons I took ER from the Sheriff's Dept was a mountain of paperwork.Seventeen different forms for a simple arrest.Got worse when I joined the warrant squad as a Lt. :roll:
Soldier_Girl

Post by Soldier_Girl »

Wholley wrote:One of the reasons I took ER from the Sheriff's Dept was a mountain of paperwork.Seventeen different forms for a simple arrest.Got worse when I joined the warrant squad as a Lt. :roll:
Great :x ... I've heard that's a massive problem here too .... too much "desk" work and not enough time, as a result, to be out on the streets catching the fine upstanding scum of society!

But I still want to give it a bash though ... and it'll be in a few years' time, so maybe things will have improved by then!
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word:
freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope." - Winston Churchill
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

Bounty hunting mate, that's the way to go, you do the arrest & let the
local warrant sqd do the paperwork. :D Set up your own company and If you need an oppo give us a shout! :D
GOS44

Post by GOS44 »

Soldier_Girl wrote:
Wholley wrote:One of the reasons I took ER from the Sheriff's Dept was a mountain of paperwork.Seventeen different forms for a simple arrest.Got worse when I joined the warrant squad as a Lt. :roll:
Great :x ... I've heard that's a massive problem here too .... too much "desk" work and not enough time, as a result, to be out on the streets catching the fine upstanding scum of society!

But I still want to give it a bash though ... and it'll be in a few years' time, so maybe things will have improved by then!
:D In your dreams :D
"This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. Slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and should not be considered flaws or defects."
Soldier_Girl

Post by Soldier_Girl »

GOS44 wrote:
Soldier_Girl wrote:

:D In your dreams :D
Yeah ... I know :(
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word:
freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope." - Winston Churchill
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Might just consider that LB.
Mind you having seen a few episodes of"Dog the Bounty Hunter"I'm not sure it's a direction I would want to go.A majority of states(including North Carolina) do not allow bounty hunting as that's a US Marshalls job.Still I'll be back home next Monday so I'll check it out.Maybe a little time before I'm back online after Sunday PM.
Pilgrim Norway

Post by Pilgrim Norway »

Get ye down to Cape Fear and administer a little ( fear that is )

or - Stay in Wilmington and harrass the Cotton Quay area

Let me know if you need the spinal, over the shoulder, looong holster !
Trog
45 Recce yomper

[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]