Share This Page:

afc harrogate paras

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
tomovyick

afc harrogate paras

Post by tomovyick »

im thinking about going to afc harrogate when ive finished school but i want to know if you can become a para and do pre para selection in there?
Nealbei

Post by Nealbei »

you can go AFC to be a para. What i and a few other fellas i know are doing. i am unsure about pre selection, wether lads going afc to be a para have to do it
just_me

Post by just_me »

P-Company has to be done by ALL potential Para's.
AFC Harrogate is the same for everyone, regardless of capbadge. What is different is where you go after your 42 weeks at AFC (H). Para recruits will go to ITC Catterick for 13 weeks afterwards to improve on Infantry training and also do P-Coy.
Nealbei

Post by Nealbei »

just_me wrote:P-Company has to be done by ALL potential Para's.
AFC Harrogate is the same for everyone, regardless of capbadge. What is different is where you go after your 42 weeks at AFC (H). Para recruits will go to ITC Catterick for 13 weeks afterwards to improve on Infantry training and also do P-Coy.

Hes on about pre para selection thing mate. i could do with finding that out? Do we lads who go AFC have to do that para insight corse?
just_me

Post by just_me »

Pre Parachute Selection is P-Company. They are one and the same thing.
If you mean PRAC, then I've been told mixed things - I've heard juniors will go on a seperate PRAC but at the same time I know people who have been given AFC PARA dates and not been on PRAC. Perhaps it's done at some point during the AFC PARA course?
Nealbei

Post by Nealbei »

see you have selection soon, good luck. Mine is on the 15th. Haha. I didnt know pre para was P coy. When i say "pre para" i am always refering to this new insight corse. You going in as a junior?
just_me

Post by just_me »

Yeah I'll hopefully be on the January intake if all goes well.
Good luck for your selection too.