Share This Page:

2 Para and 3 Para

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
MH1982

2 Para and 3 Para

Post by MH1982 »

whats the difference between the 2 battalions. Or is there not any?
Airborne Legend

Post by Airborne Legend »

No real difference. They have slightly different company set ups (D Company 2 Para is a rifle Company, whereas D Coy 3 Para is Patrols ), but that's it. I'd say 3 Para were more 'ally' but all that stuff depends on what's allowed by head shed. They do they same job.
There is no fear, there is only the force.

Do or do not, there is no try.
Tab

Post by Tab »

Two Para has a blue flash and three para has a green one
Airborne Legend

Cheers for that Tab ;)

HCR

Post by HCR »

3 PARA have more Gays in there ranks
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' 'Chuck him out, the brute!'
But it's 'Saviour of 'is country' when the guns begin to shoot; (Rudyard Kipling)
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

HCR wrote:3 PARA have more Gays in there ranks
Of course they do... Coming from someone who has never done a days work in 3 Para.

Sporty 1
Bullshitty 2
Gungy 3.

Speaks for itself.

3 Para are the allyest battalion though by far. 1 Para....cheers easy! :P
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
Airborne Legend

I'll give you old school ally, but we're on a new level of ally as yet unquantifiable by man! :D

Lonnie B55

Post by Lonnie B55 »

Only in Mortars though, freckle sandwiches in the NAAFI springs to mind in the days of old when knights were bold and apples were a pound pairs.

Having spent three years in Para Regt (408 Plt) then transferring to REME and spending many more years in the Airborne FRT role there isn't any difference between the Bn's. Having spent some years with various hat Inf, Log and Cav units (some very good, some woefuly bad) there is a major difference in attitude between AB and Hats towards getting the job done, the strongest case for the statement "work hard play hard" that I ever experienced.
:drinking:

I exercised only once with 1 Para (Italy 79) a couple of times with 3 Para but mainly with 2 Para (Kenya 81 being one of the funniest episodes in my whole career), everything remained constant, attitude, drive, and a professionalism second to none. As Para trained REME deployed with them I was still a hat but to anyone outside the Para Bde I was AB same as them. I meet up with a lot of ex AB regularly, some in there 70's still tabbing along, stiil the same drive, the fitness might not be as good but the mind and spirit are still as keen as ever. :wink:
LAMacfarlane

Post by LAMacfarlane »

so if i do make the paras im to stear clear of this minor problem lol thanks for the heads up
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

I'd spend a little more time on your spelling and punctuation.
A"Stear"Is a large bovine and knock it off with the"lol"Thing.Text speak is for your Nokia,not for a military forum.If you had read the terms and conditions you would be aware that we have standards,just as the military.
sky ninja steve

Re:

Post by sky ninja steve »

whats wrong with gays?? u a homophobe? tut tut not nice in this day and age
"Many are called but few are chosen, keep your webbing tight, your weapon clean and work hard. When times are tough be proud of who you are, trust in those above you and stay loyal to those around you"
MSI64

Re:

Post by MSI64 »

Wholley wrote:I'd spend a little more time on your spelling and punctuation.
A"Stear"Is a large bovine and knock it off with the"lol"Thing.Text speak is for your Nokia,not for a military forum.If you had read the terms and conditions you would be aware that we have standards,just as the military.
Think you mean Steer is a large Bovine mate!!
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

Erwin Rommel (Desert Fox)
got1

Re: Re:

Post by got1 »

[quote="MSI64"][quote="Wholley"]I'd spend a little more time on your spelling and punctuation.
A"Stear"Is a large bovine and knock it off with the"lol"Thing.Text speak is for your Nokia,not for a military forum.If you had read the terms and conditions you would be aware that we have standards,just as the military.[/quote]

Think you mean Steer is a large Bovine mate!![/quote]
:) :) :) :) Maybe it's stear in the USA. Steer also means to guide.
MSI64

Re: Re:

Post by MSI64 »

got1 wrote:
MSI64 wrote:
Wholley wrote:I'd spend a little more time on your spelling and punctuation.
Think you mean Steer is a large Bovine mate!!
:) :) :) :) Maybe it's stear in the USA. Steer also means to guide.
Nope its Steer in the US too!
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

Erwin Rommel (Desert Fox)