Share This Page:

Bailiffs

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Brownale

Bailiffs

Post by Brownale »

I know this is off topic....but does anybody have any experience in working as a bailiff? Been offered a job, and want some honest info etc....

PM if required
ADDiction

Post by ADDiction »

Well unless there are now forces bailiff's I am unaware of, then you are taking the piss.
mancuniankid

Post by mancuniankid »

Whats wrong with asking this question here? I thought this is a General Discussion page, Doesn't that mean it's to talk about anything?

Correct me if im wrong though.
PB's

1.5-8.43
3miler-18.41
Bleep Test -Lv 13
Press ups-64
Sit ups-84
Pull Ups-16
xcj

Post by xcj »

I agree with mancunian, i thought it was a reasonable post. Its an open forum and there are a lot of ex-serving people here who go on to do different things. One of these things might be a bailiff.

Next we'll be saying the sun is only for reading the news!!
Last edited by xcj on Tue 13 Mar, 2007 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ali_hire

Post by ali_hire »

I've often wondered why the general discussion forum can't be used for just that, maybe a sticky on what should and shouldn't be discussed would be a good idea to stop it getting clogged up with unnecessary threads.

In response to the original post; I am a property manager and have attended several evictions in my time. Seeing what the bailiffs do and having spoken to them, it's not what you'd expect.

When repossession has gotten to the stage where the bailiffs have been ordered, 9/10 the occupant knows the system and will have already left the house. In the event that they are still in occupation, the bailiffs produce the court order and order the occupant out of the property. If they refuse, a bailiff has no power to forcefully evict a person from their home, they have to call the police to do it for them.

Most of them seem to enjoy it though and I understand the pay is ok.
Aways look on the bright side of life.
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

Yes well, this question would have been better tried there:
http://www.policeoracle.com/forum/searc ... W=bailiffs
mitch_boxing

re

Post by mitch_boxing »

Fark me and i thought this was a military website not jobseekers plus!!!!
Haha found that quite funny :lol:

Mitch
lodgi

Post by lodgi »

I personally thought it was fair as this is general discussion. He justs wants advice from people. If you cant post general crap in the general section then why have it at all, you might aswell get rid of the whole section.
ADDiction

Post by ADDiction »

I always thought it was here for general military posts.
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

lodgi wrote: He justs wants advice from people.
Do you not think the URL I posted may have been more appropriate to ask this particular question?
Or perhaps an assumption was made that this being a military themed site, there might be members familiar with that particular line of work/activity (bailiffs). If so, why?

I don't think this, this site I mean, was the proper venue for it. You do.

Why?
Artist

Post by Artist »

I worked as one for two days in Stoke on Trent. After the second day I got a wee bit of a sad on and twatted the bloke I was working with. The big I am Bailif Boss threatened me with violence after he found out about me beating the shite out of my fellow Bailif. So I twatted him as well!

Four weeks later I found out that they were gunning for me in the location where I lived........Contacted a few Oppo's both Former Bootneck and Para. We all went to the office......trashed the office and the dicks who were there (it was fun!). Ain't seen them since.

Just why would you want to know about these shitheads anyway?

Artist
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

mancuniankid wrote:Whats wrong with asking this question here? I thought this is a General Discussion page, Doesn't that mean it's to talk about anything?

Correct me if im wrong though.
Well a lot of mob people end up in Baliff type work, so I don't really see a problem it's a bit like there could also be a question about people joining the Police after their service.
Brownale

Post by Brownale »

I thought it was relevant - an ex military man, asking fellow military personnel what they thought of a career that is staffed by a high percentage of military people
borisimo

Post by borisimo »

Brownale wrote:I thought it was relevant - an ex military man, asking fellow military personnel what they thought of a career that is staffed by a high percentage of military people
indeed, although you'd probably get a better response on other websites.
Applied: 11th November 05
Written test: Passed
Interview: Passed
Medical: Passed
PJFT: Passed 9.47
PRMC: october