Share This Page:

Why??

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
AJtothemax

Why??

Post by AJtothemax »

Dont mean to be a pain, but why has 'controversial question.....' been locked in the RM forum?? Thats proper censorship in a way. I understand the meaning, that it was locked to avoid a fight, but i did point out that THE MEMBERS would stamp on it as mfat_man has said before, it is up to us to look after the site as well. You might be thinking "well dont post something like that then" (for anyone reading this who doesn't know, its not my thread), and yes i do agree, but could you not at least give it a chance and see what mature people post to solve any problems.

I hope this doesn't sound like im b*tching, because im not in the business of doing that and i never have been, i was just wondering why?

Thanks.
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
pablo

Post by pablo »

I recall it being covered here about a year ago, and I believe there was a bit of trouble over it. And it's really not the right question to ask on a fitness forum.

Personally, I think that asking who's 'eliter' between two forces is just digging for a bite.
mfat_man

Re: Why??

Post by mfat_man »

AJtothemax wrote:Dont mean to be a pain, but why has 'controversial question.....' been locked in the RM forum?? Thats proper censorship in a way. I understand the meaning, that it was locked to avoid a fight, but i did point out that THE MEMBERS would stamp on it as mfat_man has said before, it is up to us to look after the site as well. You might be thinking "well dont post something like that then" (for anyone reading this who doesn't know, its not my thread), and yes i do agree, but could you not at least give it a chance and see what mature people post to solve any problems.

I hope this doesn't sound like im b*tching, because im not in the business of doing that and i never have been, i was just wondering why?

Thanks.
Aj

Don't blame me this time :wink:

Generally speaking the mods try and act in the best interest of the people here, and as one of the posters below said on the topic;
Don't see any point in these sorts of debates.

First of all, what does it matter? Are Para's going to end up fighting the Marines?

Secondly, they are both designed for different things. Its like comparing a retard to a disabled person and trying to work out which one could eat their mashed food quicker. They'll both get the job done but which would finish with more finesse.

Thirdly, it is men that win battles, not capbadges. It is very possible that one of the soldiers from one of the units only pulled 18 girls last night and was a bit off that day. And he made them lose the battle (I know it’s ridiculous but you know what I mean).

Think back to the Battle of Thermopylae, battles can go either way. Training helps a lot but it's not the be all and end all. Just like any other factor.

Lastly, both these units are farking good. What more do you need to know.
Gotta remember this site is essentially fitness orientated, comparions between Paras and Marines, I am not sure what the value would be to posters many of whom would served with neither outfit!

So please let's not go there again, if you want to talk about it do it on Military forums or even better ARRSE :P
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

I locked it. That was a pointless discussion.
SO19

Post by SO19 »

i still cannot figure out who is more elite?
i think the marines might just have the egde withg their superior tactics and training
Yep, completely pointless.
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
ChrisBell

Post by ChrisBell »

Im glad it was locked as it has been covered loads of times on this site so everything has already been said on the topic. I suggest if this topic comes up again just PM the author to avoid wasting space!!!
ali_hire

Post by ali_hire »

Total waste of bandwidth that's why it was locked.

No one is going to benifit from it and no one will come away from it any better or more informed.

Utterly pointless.
Aways look on the bright side of life.
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Ok sorry, i apologise. No drama. :D

Mind how ya go people. 8)
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."