Share This Page:

Fave TV comedy???

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

Sarastro wrote:Black Books, Dylan Moran & Bill Bailey are each genius-level funny, and you get both in one show.
CUSTOMER: You know, I'm probably getting a lot of secondary smoke from you.
BERNARD: What? Oh, don't worry about it. Buy me a drink sometime.
CUSTOMER: Look... there's no other way to say this, but I didn't come in here to be insulted.
BERNARD: Well, I didn't ask for the job of insulting you. You know, in another life, maybe we could have been brothers, running a small, quirky taverna in Sicily. Maybe we would have married the local twins, instead of wasting each other's time here in this dump. But, it was not to be. So... hop it.
BERNARD: It's all rubbish! Nobody is prepared to admit that wine doesn't have a taste.
MANNY: Of course you can't taste anything, you smoke eighty bajillion cigarettes a day. What's that you're eating?
BERNARD: It's some sort of delicious biscuit.
MANNY: It's a coaster!
Sarastro. BB is a classy show, dyan moran gets on my (its a bit with his arrogance but Billy baily is not only funny but an amazing musican
Doc

Post by Doc »

we all forgot "The FastShow!"

The old geezer in the chair...."errr ubbly sibbly mmmmm hmmmmm GIRAFFE! :o :o hmmmmmm wwwweeeezzz !"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Doc

Post by Doc »

...and Blackadder ffs!!!

classic and goes fourth is the best thing ever on telly! :P
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Oh ffs Doc.

I mentioned Black Adder.

Get a cup of coffee and a tab in your gob. :o

Then pay attention :D :D :D
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

Wholley wrote:Oh ffs Doc.

I mentioned Black Adder.

Get a cup of coffee and a tab in your gob. :o

Then pay attention :D :D :D
Wholley, don't mind Doc he is the wllds of wales the best place for him!

No-one has mentioned GAME ON :roll: One of my faves and underatted as a comedy sitcom. The episode when the flatmate who is a wannabe marine gets caught with a hoover on his dick by the real marines is very funny 8)
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

The only one I can think of that hasn't already been mentioned is Father Ted :D
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Geordie wrote:The only one I can think of that hasn't already been mentioned is Father Ted :D
Which is probably why it hasn't been mentioned :D :D
On this side of the pond you can only view it NYC and Boston.
The cable companies up there even supply the Emerald Green glasses needed to find that stupid show even mildly amusing.
Whatever happened to Fry and Laurie.
Last I heard Hugh had a job in the US and Steven had been kidnapped.
Source.
VIZ March 2006. :D :D :D

Sowwy,Just not in the mood to be sewious right now :wink:
Doc

Post by Doc »

What about Blackadder, brills that and no-ones mentioned it!
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Sigh....
It's OK peeps I'll take care of him..
DOC TAKE TWO BRUFEN AND FARK OFF!!!!
Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy(Iknow it started as a book and a radio show)Radio version was funny as fark.
I caught the TV series a couple of years back.
Not very impressed.

DON'T PANIC!!!
Well not in your case Doc,Just go ahead and panic. :D :D :D :D
borisimo

Post by borisimo »

havent seen this mentioned:

extras - ricky gervais, better than the office in my book.

other personal faves include the office, blackadder, dads army and curb your enthusiasm

once upon a time i quite liked the brittas empire too
Applied: 11th November 05
Written test: Passed
Interview: Passed
Medical: Passed
PJFT: Passed 9.47
PRMC: october
SiD

Post by SiD »

ok I get to put my two pence in do I ?
Young Ones and bottom, definately. (I resemble Viv at the moment!)Think the head was one of the most memorable scenes but also love the toasted hamster and trhe trip to Narnia.
Red Dwarf an absolute classic.
Black adder also there on my list. Ther amount of times I have heard the line ' i have a cunning plan....' always gives me a chuckle
MR Bean !!
Absolutely fabulous was ok to start off with then I think the girls material became a bit lame, I would be happy to discuss this naked in a bath full of jelly with Ms Lumley if she happens to be reading this and disagrees with me. Ah drifted into fantasy land for a moment. Its spring that does it. or maybe my split personality, anyway am off to watch footy so i will shut the f** up and split.

We seek him here,
We seek him there,
The Scarlet Pimpernell !
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Open All Hours.
Porridge.
Both performed by Ronnies.
The Two Ronnies,
Tommy Cooper(Not like This..Like That.)
The Navy Lark.(Left Hand Down a Bit.)
Round the Horne.
The Goon Show.
OK.Hands up all who remember those classic radio shows.
Don't Lie,
I'll know,
You old gits. :D :D :D :D :D
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

SiD wrote: Absolutely fabulous was ok to start off with then I think the girls material became a bit lame, I would be happy to discuss this naked in a bath full of jelly with Ms Lumley if she happens to be reading this and disagrees with me.
Was hoping someone would mention it. I think the second season was lame but picked up after that... Larfed at the "menopause" and "schmoozin'" episodes like I haven't in a long time. Oh, and the "huntin' shootin' & fishin'" episode was extremely good... :wink:
Virtually anything by Monthy Python: oft imitated, never quite equaled.
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

mfat_man wrote:Sarastro. BB is a classy show, dyan moran gets on my (its a bit with his arrogance but Billy baily is not only funny but an amazing musican
Aye mate, many people don't quite warm to Dylan Moran. Guess I like him being reminiscant of days of yore when I was totally off my face, people & things we did which were horribly amusing if you were utterly trashed on drink and/or drugs. Needless to say, they were & are total w@#k when you are not :wink:

Love Bill Bailey's musical bits too - personal favourites were from his standup shows, turning the BBC News 24 theme into an acid rave, and charting the influence of the Cockney 'Have A Bannana' tune throughout the history of classical music. The BB episode when he played the piano with spoons was utter class too :D Even saw him do requests along similar lines at a live Edinburgh gig once too, he simply kicks ass.

PS Wholley, good to see someone else still listens to the Goons!
sneaky beaky

Post by sneaky beaky »

mfat_man,
Your choice of comedy is appalling! (At least to my generation!) and only goes to show why a lot of us think that comedy has descended into smut.
Smut (or crudeness) is OK in its place but that is not on TV.
What is your fave TV comedy.... Mine would have to be

The office

Young ones

Bottom
The Office is so crap that I can't believe people rave about it. In fact anything that "stars" Ricky Gervais is crap.
The Young Ones is juvenile.
And Bottom, well, the title says it all!

My choices are different.
How about :-

MASH
Just Good Friends
Only Fools and Horses
Anything with Ronnie Barker
Dad's Army

Old choices I know - but they do show the difference between old comedy and "dumbed down" comedy!

Sneaky
Former RM of 23 years.