Share This Page:

Combat fitness

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
CptStabbo

Post by CptStabbo »

Artist,

I'm not sure what you're asking when you want me to say what i'm doing - i'm taking the piss - nay more.

It's nice to see that as soon as a shemale posts asking about press-ups people are tripping over themselves - dalo i'm looking at you.

Everyone else (quite rightly) gets told to Foxtrot.

Good night.

C.Stabarse & Justin.
(i like that).
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

Gandor,

It wont do you any harm to lose some weight in my opinion, as if i remember right alot of the bigger lads in training with the RM really struggled with the rope climbing. The heavy lads just could not heave themselves up the 30 ft ropes, despite the fact that of course they were strong, they were,nt in comparison to there body weight if you see what i mean. If you,ve got a good upper body strengh all ready, it would be more productive for you to concentrate more on your cardio-vascular fitness and maybe your agility side of things. If you look at most lads who have recently passed out of training or who are reaching the end, you,ll see that not that many are built like brick sh**houses, it just doesnt work that well for bottom field, assault/endurance course etc.

dwarfy,

p.s this is just my opinion based on what some of the bigger guys really struggled with when i was at CTC, two of them were backtrooped due to failing on the ropes at week 9 (gym pass out).
Grandor

Post by Grandor »

Thanks for the advice fellas.

I get the stuff about cardio, and this thread has made me alot more wary of hardcore weight training now.

So how would you guys suggest I train for agility?
I've been thinking of taking up Tae Kown Do again. I stopped TKD 2 years ago, I was a brown belt, black tip. I think it could be handy to throw in some martial arts training this year and maybe get my black belt.

But other than martial arts, what do you suggest for agility, and what type of agility tests are there in training?
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

CptStabbo wrote:It's nice to see that as soon as a shemale posts asking about press-ups people are tripping over themselves - dalo i'm looking at you.
The world outside of the RAF forum is scary - I think I'll just quietly go back in there.......

Anyway, what's the point in being extra nice to someone on the forum 'cause they're a girl? I could be a real dog!
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

[Anyway, what's the point in being extra nice to someone on the forum 'cause they're a girl? I could be a real dog![/quote]

You could be, but you might not be....you have to take chances sometimes. :D

Either way, it might not matter. :P

Gandor,

Im not sure how much use a specific agility training session etc would be, it may just be that leaving the heavy weights out and doing more light rep endurance training instead may be sufficient. But of course it does depend on you the individual. If you look at all the scores that are required for entry into the various forces, you may find that you are, or are close to achieving them anyway, and therefore dont need to adapt things too much.But in most cases it is best to stear clear of heavy weights, as too much bulk wont help.

If you do decide to look at agility, it is likey to increse speed and quickness aswell as they are all interlinked. Have you heard of SAQ training? Stands for (surprise) speed,agility, and quickness, and is usually a combination of circuit type training, without the press ups and upper body exercises. If you like i,ll PM more details but to be honest it will be quite hard to explain in words what one of the circuits might look like. Ive recently done some work on this method of training, and there is a wealth of information available on the internet and/or in books, so it might be worth you having a look.

Let me know,

dwarfy
dalo

Post by dalo »

Artist wrote:dalo

You trying to swap spit with the young lass then? :D
Yeh, but dont tell anyone. :lol:
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
dalo

Post by dalo »

CptStabbo wrote: It's nice to see that as soon as a shemale posts asking about press-ups people are tripping over themselves - dalo i'm looking at you.
Just trying to populate the world mate.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
SiD

Post by SiD »

Hey Cpt Stab thanks for the posts gave me a right good laff,
Cheers
SiD
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

GemmaLS wrote:I could be a real dog!
sure, but consider...

1. Meat's meat and a man must eat!

2. You don't look at manltepeice when you're poking't fire.

3. Ten pints pretty simply requires "ten pints" (eight if your not fussy and short of cab fare!).

4. "I don't care how ugly she is, mucker, I wouldn't crawl over her to get to you!"

5. She might look like she set her hair on fire and someone put it out with a shovel, but she's all woman to me.

6. Toothless chicks may still apply as long as the tops of their heads are flat (bring beer mat).

7. "Bags, double" are still on issue.

8. The terms "dogs' ball" and "grab-a-granny night" should indicate the average required standard.

9. Always check for corn!

10. If all else fails, chew yer arm off like a snared coyote so you can leg it before "she" wakes up.

Personally, I love my double-bagger...

GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

Wow - I knew men weren't fussy but I didn't realise it was to that extent.
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

GemmaLS wrote:Wow - I knew men weren't fussy but I didn't realise it was to that extent.
Gemma, on this site the guys can't afford any standards 8) (including me!)

MFAT man
Grandor

Post by Grandor »

. . on .. topic
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

mfat_man wrote:
GemmaLS wrote:Wow - I knew men weren't fussy but I didn't realise it was to that extent.
Gemma, on this site the guys can't afford any standards 8) (including me!)

MFAT man
Well at least all the less than perfect girls out there can live in hope
flighty

Post by flighty »

GemmaLS wrote: The world outside of the RAF forum is scary - I think I'll just quietly go back in there.......
Don't you dare!!

We pink and fluffy girlies have to keep these nasty, rough boys in order! :roll:

Give 'em hell, woman! :wink:

Jayne.
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

flighty wrote:
GemmaLS wrote: The world outside of the RAF forum is scary - I think I'll just quietly go back in there.......
Don't you dare!!

We pink and fluffy girlies have to keep these nasty, rough boys in order! :roll:

Give 'em hell, woman! :wink:

Jayne.
Uh oh! we,ve been caught men, tactical retreat?