Share This Page:

Combat fitness

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Grandor

Post by Grandor »

Thanks, thats exactly what i needed Artist.

I'm 6 ft 2" ish (187cm) and weigh about 13.5 stone (85kg).
Doc says I'll put on another 2 inches before I'm done.
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

CptStabbo wrote:phlid

ateeeeheeeeheeee phlid. :lol:
Artist

Post by Artist »

6' 2" and growing hey? Weight sounds about right anyway.

Just forget about the body building try light reps and you should achieve a well balanced body Grandor.

Body Builders as I said tend to be to slow in the shitty stuff so don't let anyone tell you that blokes built like the Governer of California are the best for fighting. They aint.

Artist
Grandor

Post by Grandor »

Artist wrote:6' 2" and growing hey? Weight sounds about right anyway.

Just forget about the body building try light reps and you should achieve a well balanced body Grandor.

Body Builders as I said tend to be to slow in the shitty stuff so don't let anyone tell you that blokes built like the Governer of California are the best for fighting. They aint.

Artist
Thanks Artist.

I'm changing my entire program. Actually since I've been doing all this cardio stuff (ie- walked 8km today), I've lost 2 kilos, im sure its just the bit of excess I had sitting around my gut region, that i thought was due to water retention... guess not. lol.
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

I was wondering if someone could please give me a yes/no verdict on my training plans - I start at RAF Cranwell in May.

Mostly running with some cycling, x-trainer, rowing and swimming thrown in too.

Free weights/weights machines for back, chest , arms and shoulders - lightish weights, lots of reps.

Lots of press-ups, pull ups and sit-ups.

I'm doing most of this already apart from some of the cardio as I'm recovering from a bout of mild compartment syndrome. I spend about 6 or more hours a week in the gym - weights 3 days a week on alternate days and cardio/stretching for the rest of the time. I'm also going to try and get walking up some hills with a fairly weighty backpack.
dalo

Post by dalo »

I'll teach you some yoga lass. You'll be safe with me, thats all i can say.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

don't like yoga
dalo

Post by dalo »

lol :D
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

yoga's for sissys I'm afraid - instead of doing a one hour class, you can do all that stretching in about 15 minutes and not have to deal with all the bogus meditation.

Just my opinion...... but thanks for the offer Dalo :wink:

Also, as well as some help with my previous post, I'm a bit stuck with military press-ups. I'm doing them full with my hands directly below my shoulders. Afterwards (and during) I get a lot of pain in the crease where I bend my wrist. Am I doing them right?
dalo

Post by dalo »

Your training plan seems fine, you have a good mixture of excercises in it. As long as on some of these you work hard on, not all but some of them you will be fine. Make sure you dont go over the top with with all of your sessions in one week. Also with the press ups, it may be that your body is too far forward over your hands. Or just that your wrists are getting use to this new strain.

Also how big are your pecs?
GemmaLS

Post by GemmaLS »

Cheers Dalo.

I can't see them, that's the funny thing about being a girl :wink:
dalo

Post by dalo »

No probz gemz.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ive read some shite then I read this and wahhhay I was suprised!

The award for the crappiest thread ever goes to.......................
dalo

Post by dalo »

Yeh first its about Coalition troops and raggers checking to see who has better triceps then it goes to press ups lol.
Artist

Post by Artist »

dalo

You trying to swap spit with the young lass then? :D

Gandor

Nay Wukking Furries mate. Left the Corp of Royal Marines nearly 16 years ago. if you have any more question please PM me. OK?

Capt Stabarse or whatever your name is please shit in it. Or be honest and say what you are doing. Because you are getting on my Tits with your shite!