Share This Page:

The Mars Bar is back

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
harry73

The Mars Bar is back

Post by harry73 »

Great news. Aparently there bringing the Mars Bar back in 24hr Rat packs. Pointless post some may say but the news put a smile on my face. :D

harry
Wee Willy Winkie

Post by Wee Willy Winkie »

good on them. in the cadets we often just get the bars saying milk chocolate on the front. but sometimes we get the newer ones with a Yorkie in !!!!!!!!! dont know how much of a difference it makes
'aaaahhhhhhhh, yorkie dipped in the old 2-packet-sugar-and-2-packet-teapowder hot stufffff!' W'w.W
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
harry73

Post by harry73 »

I know the Rat packs now have 2 Yorkie bars in but there not like the ones you get from the shops. I remember when you use to get Rolos as well. The Scotish chocky bars you still get now (is it duncans) use to be alright when you got different flavours and use to swap em before an excersise. But now there all the same "turned white and crumble when you open em" :roll:

harry
Wee Willy Winkie

haha i know what you mean about turning white! having rolo's in the packs was before my time as ive never had any in the rat packs i was issued with. its much fun when you pour lemond powder, powder soup, orange powder, hot chocolate powder and all other manner of powders into a bag of corned beef hash, you should have seen his face afterwards(when it wasnt in the bin spewing :o ) W/W.w
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"

Post by Guest »

I happened to have a Yorkie the other day and I thought It tasted exactuly like the cheap cooking chocolate.
Grimey Vibes

Post by Grimey Vibes »

I always give my chocolate away, its just minging,i keep one bar and thats it. Infact i dont eat hlaf my rations and have some left. I eat it when i am very hungry otherwise just stick with a brew. Now i am in Battallion i take my own noodles etc
Get on "PARADE"

"You drill like a bad hip-hop artist, MC Miss A Beat"
Wee Willy Winkie

yeh i dont tend to eat all my rations. in the unit we have a comp goin 'the rat pack challenge' you have to eat EVERYTHING in you rat pack part from unedibles like tissues etc an the pate lol stay clear of that. www
Grimey Vibes

Post by Grimey Vibes »

Nasty, them biscuit browns are bad, the tissues are probably better tasing. I like the way you get Oatmeal blocks, but its just one biscuit. I read i news report on the Hurricane, Uk has sent rations over and tried making them sound nice. such as "you get Chicken and pasta and chocolate pudding", yeah right they are that nice!!
Get on "PARADE"

"You drill like a bad hip-hop artist, MC Miss A Beat"
markthestab

Post by markthestab »

i dont eat the main meals if im only on a weekend excersise i just eat (my own usually snickers)choccy bars and swap the meals for biscuits brown and oatmeal block, but after a few packs of biscuits brown i dont sh*t for 3 days

i dont really like any of the meals, i spose chicken and herb is edible
Jobag

Post by Jobag »

Wee Willy Winkie wrote:yeh i dont tend to eat all my rations. in the unit we have a comp goin 'the rat pack challenge' you have to eat EVERYTHING in you rat pack part from unedibles like tissues etc an the pate lol stay clear of that. www
In depot, one lad ate a whole ration pack...box and all. :o