Share This Page:

Soldiers join march for gay pride

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
SO19

Soldiers join march for gay pride

Post by SO19 »

Taken from BBC News.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manc ... 189634.stm
Soldiers will join gays and lesbians marching at Manchester's Pride Festival on Saturday.

About 10 soldiers will be on parade as well as manning a recruitment stall and will be joined by 20 RAF colleagues, who will be manning a float.

The RAF was the first of the armed services to join a gay pride festival when it took part in the parade at last year's event.

Their float this year will feature the cockpit of a plane.

Festival Director Claire Turner said: "I think its great the Army is coming.

"They're showing that they welcome gay people and the Army is something gay people can be interested in.

"I think it's an example of the confidence of the RAF that they can have the cockpit of a plane on a float. Last year was a great success for the RAF.

"We hope the Army will have more involvement next year and a float as well." Lt Col Leanda Pitt, Commander Regional Recruiting, North West, said: "We are delighted to be taking part in Gay Pride this year.

"As far as the Army is concerned, sexual orientation is a private matter and we are attending to promote the benefits a career in the Army can bring.

"Over the three days we will be able to reach a large audience and also enjoy the atmosphere that the festival brings to the city."

The Royal Navy said its decision not to attend was not intended as a snub, but was due to large numbers of servicemen and women being on leave and Manchester not being near a naval port.
flighty

Post by flighty »

And your point is ..........................??????? :o

Homophobic?

Suggest you might get yerself up to Canal Street sometime for one of the best nights out you've ever had.

And don't worry. They probably won't fancy you. :D

Jayne x
Gazza85

Post by Gazza85 »

flighty wrote:And your point is ..........................??????? :o

Homophobic?

Suggest you might get yerself up to Canal Street sometime for one of the best nights out you've ever had.

And don't worry. They probably won't fancy you. :D

Jayne x
Ended up there for a few on a night out, It's good plus it never kicks off cos of the policing.

and like flighty said if your not that way it dosent matter as there not interested.

Saying that though we put our backs to the wall when we noticed someone crossed out the C and the S on the Canal Street sign,
[img]http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5848/georgiossamaras5bk.jpg[/img]
JWT

Post by JWT »

Only JOKING, Be what you want to be BUT LEAVE ME BE.

JWT
Jobag

Post by Jobag »

Im homophobic. Dont like gays one bit. I dont think they should be allowed in the infantry, after all women aint allowed, so over femanine men shouldnt be allowed.
DWW

Post by DWW »

Because all gay men are overly feminine. Of course they are.

:evil:
GD

Post by GD »

Gay men should not be allowed to serve with front line units because they might form attachments which affect their judgement and there is the possibility they could corrupt younger servicemen who are at a vulnerable stage of their emotional development.

Mind you I'm sure they'd do a lovely job of the interior decor in the billets.

I'm sure any inspecting Sarn't Major would love to see the lovely new pink curtains :roll:
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!
flighty

Post by flighty »

Jobag wrote:Im homophobic. Dont like gays one bit. I dont think they should be allowed in the infantry, after all women aint allowed, so over femanine men shouldnt be allowed.
Oh, dear me.

Mind you, I can't exactly say that I am surprised. :roll:

Jayne.
markthestab

Post by markthestab »

got no problem with someone being gay, but keep it to yourself if you are, it shouldnt affect your work

but when you go dancing around celebrating your gayness, fine but do it as a civvy

leave the army out of it

if you want to be treated normally and be respected as a proffesional dont act like a raging homo and then wonder why the piss is quite rightly taken :-?
GD

Post by GD »

Exactly. Are we going to get to the stage where drunk homos come in during the silent hours and try to bum the crows, sprogs or nigs? Then we will have the guys getting resentful because some homo can't keep it to himself?

Or are we going to have homos sitting snogging at the Naafi bar or holding hands walking down the lines?

I've nothing against them but army regulations are there for a reason.

Let the gays stay in the navy where they belong.

*hides behind a very thick anti-navy wall* 8)
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Fark it I was a lesbian in the forces...still am!

and as for you GD the Army thinks anyone with shower gel is Gay, thats why real men smell apparantly :roll:
and Ive seen the pic of your mess uniform over on the subs forums...............poof :lol:
SO19

Post by SO19 »

Flighty, dont get too excited... it was just a bit of news I thought people might find interesting/asmusing.

..and yes, I disprove. Next thing you know, we'll be sending them over to San Fran to have orgies just like the Police did.
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
harry73

Post by harry73 »

Doc said to GD
and Ive seen the pic of your mess uniform over on the subs forums...............poof
I know the KRH's trousers look pink but they say there cherry and I for one believe em :lol:
goreD.

Post by goreD. »

GD wrote:Let the gays stay in the navy where they belong.
I laughed my little legs off at that one.

I also don't believe that homos should be allowed to serve in our Armed Forces.

Gore.
Mexican bandit, "Badges?! We don't need no stinking badges....."
Major Kong, "Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in vegas with all that stuff....."
Gore, "The first casualty of war is your underpants....."