Share This Page:

Greetings All

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
KiwiBen

Greetings All

Post by KiwiBen »

Hi Everyone.

My Name is Ben, I'm a 20 Y/0ld Kiwi over in your great country, just sight seeing at the moment, but have had my Psychometric, Interview and Medical for the RM. I come back here in Sept/Oct for PRMC, the delay being because I twisted my ankle badly and want it to be 100%.

I've had a look about the forums and I'm really impressed with what you guys have to say, particularly the PRMC dairies, they don't tell you a lot in the recruiting brochures!

All the best to all of you,

Regards, Ben
flynn101

Post by flynn101 »

So whats wrong with kiwi armed forces :lol: by the way welcome
KiwiBen

Post by KiwiBen »

Nothing too wrong with NZ armed forces, I'm red/green colourblind, so it's either Navy as a stores accountant, Airforce as groundcrew, or army as an engineer. All of these would be safe in the knowledge that I'd never go anywhere very interesting. NZ forces in Iraq were confined to barracks the entire tour incase they got shot at, and local peace keeping has seen them deployed UNARMED to islands in the Pacific. NZ has no amphibious forces either.

Cheers mate
Doc

Post by Doc »

Welcome Kiwi

We wont mention the lions tour, just incase we lose! :o

Doc
flynn101

Post by flynn101 »

well im off to my final gcse maths exam wish me luck or failure :lol:
KiwiBen

Post by KiwiBen »

Haha, the Lions tour...

Well I dunno what will happen there, I've never really followed Rugby, don't understand iot at all( probably the only Kiwi who doesn't though). At least the tour for you guys kicked off pretty darn well!

Ben
give a man a bullet, he'll ask you for a gun.
Give a man a gun, he'll be giving away the bullets
Doc

Post by Doc »

flynn101 wrote:well im off to my final gcse maths exam wish me luck or failure :lol:
what was the point of that post? :o

Post by Guest »

KiwiBen wrote:...I've never really followed Rugby, don't understand it at all( probably the only Kiwi who doesn't though).
:o What?!!, a Kiwi and you don't understand Rugby!!?

I reckon that you have been banished from New Zealand and that is why you want to join the British Forces.

harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

KiwiBen, your airforce is pretty stuffed too,hey bro 8) Send me a pm ref your PRMC dates etc and we`ll see if we can`t help with accomodation etc. Good luck mate :wink:
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
KiwiBen

Post by KiwiBen »

Yeah the RNZAF is a bit clapped out, we fly some of the oldest Huey choppers in the world, have no fighter strike capability(again, the mothballed A4 Skyhawks are the oldest airworthy examples left, but the boys aren't allowed to fly them anymore, big cheers to the Labour Party :evil: ). Best news for RNZAF is new choppers coming next year, NH90's, I'm told they're good.

As for Rugby, yes I expct to be barred from re-entry to NZ due to not giving a toss if the poms win :wink:

Cheers all
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Cheer up for fark`s sake, it could be worse :roll:
You could be posting this from NZ :P
Your prime minister, Helen wossername, is she a dyke? :-?
Kin well should be :P
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
KiwiBen

Post by KiwiBen »

No worries mate I'm happy as a pig in muck :lol:

Yeah, Helen Clark (Davidson, she's married to a bloke who's reputedly gay, but kept her original surname for political reasons). And yes, as far as I know, and I got this from the leader of one of the opposition parties, she's very much a dyke! How observant you are, it's quite hard to tell.... haha, nice one mate!

Cheers, Benjo