Share This Page:

Falklands PC Game

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

I dont agree that computor games take away the value of human life - you could argue that film and music does the same. The problem is that the law is not strict enough and punishment does not provide the deterrence that is needed. That plus the fact that lots of kids dont give a shit about anyone else, and thier parents couldnt care about what they get upto. Scallies, yobs, thugs, chav - whatever you call it - is like an infectious disease that spreads from area to area and is only going to get worse unless the politicians take thier heads out thier arses and do something about it. Punish the scallies and thier parents, but give good kids something to do - then they wont go off in gangs and get involved in drugs and guns in the first place. There is absolutely nothing for kids to do in my area. They will either go off in gangs or spend thier entire youth in front of playstations. I havent been drinking im just pissed off!
Artist

Post by Artist »

Bliartheliar

Do remember that not all the kids are like this. The vast majority are law abiding lads n lasses. Like most who post on here. Unfortunately nowadays the media rarely mention the other side of the coin. Kids spending a weekend cleaning up public eyesores. Visiting an Old Peoples home. It happens around my part of the world on a regular basis. But there is no mention of this side of the coin as it's not going to sell papers is it?

As it is the bad apples are a public menace and are damn hard to sort out due to the laughable state of the law. Once if a kid was caught by the local Bobby up to no good a swift smack round the lughole and a visit by the Bobby to the kids parents would normally work. Now the Bobby would lose his job.

One obnoxius little git who was an A1 pain in my area a few years ago came from a respectable family. Dad was a Dentist and his Mum was a Teacher. The Cops found him Drunk as a Skunk once so they took him home. The little git threw up all over his parents house and his father demanded to know who was going to clean it up! The copper suggested that it just might be the fathers job. At this the father went apesh*t and reported the copper to his superiors! :o

Until such time as we "Get a Grip" on our Liberal attitude I very much fear that this is the sort of thing which will occour on a regular basis. The disappearance of the Local Bobby who lived in a police house amongst the Locals is a big factor in my view. Our "Local" Bobbies are only ever seen after the event. And you never see them in the Pub of the Post Office as normally they live miles from the area they patrol. So to most people they are strangers.

Artist
Josh

Post by Josh »

To branch this thread out a little, and build on topics already stated; What do people actually think about the ever more lax attitude to drugs and the glorification of whole 'Gangsta' image, largely by certain types of music.

It seems like cocaine is becoming the new cannabis?

On the computer game subject, personally I don't understand why they can't just use fictional scenarios for strategy games, Command & Conquer? There is defiantly a line, the problem is is a bloody fine one.
MrMitty

Post by MrMitty »

Morning all

Lots of good points as always.

I guess the police have got a really difficult job to do nowadays, mainly as has been pointed out earlier because many parents dont give a toot what the kids do.

Here in the lovely Northern Ireland it is instilled in many institutions from an early age. My little girl is 5 and goes to a Catholic school, recently she has been called a "Brit" by some other little girls. She was born here and she is a Catholic so I dont know where this comes from, well I didn't until I saw the cut of some of the other parents at the Christmas play they would make Martin McGuinness look middle of the road!! I got some funny looks when they heard my accent so I guess they must have told thier children that I was a "Brit" and therefore so was my little girl.

When I expressed my concerns to the teacher she said that there was nothing she could do about it, she then said I was trying to intimidate her!!!! Now I am a big tall bloke but I am about as hard as Barbies toe nails!!

I guess that I just do what I can to ensure that my own children respect policemen and women and thier elders. I also make sure that they have hobbies and learn to play musical instruments etc. Not an easy job but you cant give up can you. There are worse countries in the world as I am sure some of you have served can verify.

Cheers

Mitty
Gazza85

Post by Gazza85 »

I grew up playing computer games, some violent some not, alot fictional, some not. I dont think they have effected me in any shape or form in terms of my mental side, playing computer games or not i would of ended up applying for the forces.

With some kids there is no hope for them no matter how they are brought up but in my opinion the way the parents brought them up/ who they hung around with as kids influences how they will be.

From about the age of 8-9 on special occasions my parents would let me drink shandy (proper weak though) as i got to about 11 they were using more beer and less lemonade but still not enough to get drunk or ill off one.

As soon as i got to secondary school and other kids were buying £1 2 liter bottles of white lightning sitting in a park getting wasted and having to get a lift home from the police me and my mates were at each others houses drinking beer that our parents had bought us.

My parents never said i couldent smoke and reminded me how much packets cost, how much i got a week with paperrounds and how much dry cleaning is for getting rid of the smell of smoke from my clothes which i would have to pay for. Guess who never smoked?

I feel that because my parents and my mates parents brought us up that way we dont not turn into scrotes. My sisters nearly 14, they have brought her up the same way, i can see its worked for her aswell.
[img]http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5848/georgiossamaras5bk.jpg[/img]
MrMitty

Post by MrMitty »

Gazza

Sounds like your Mum and Dad did a decent job mate.

Its the early years that count.

Mitty
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

Alright, I had had a couple of pints.

Anyway, I agre with Artist about the decline of the 'local bobby' playing a large part in the rise of disorder. What is needed is a policeman who lives in the same area as the people - gets to know them and gets to know the problems. A 5 minute patrol in a marked car is not my idea of crimefighting - which is all that seems to happen. Get rid of the paperwork and statistics is what I reckon.

Why do computor games need to be based upon actual events? Whats wrong with going down to the library or using the internet to learn about the past. My little brohers got a game called Operation Flashpoint - set in a fictional Cold War scenario. Its great!
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Bliartheliar wrote:
Anyway, I agre with Artist about the decline of the 'local bobby' playing a large part in the rise of disorder. What is needed is a policeman who lives in the same area as the people - gets to know them and gets to know the problems.
The local Policeman here is likely to get his kids stolen or his wife beaten half to death if he lived in the same place as he worked.
State Troopers are not allowed to work in the same COUNTY in which they reside.
Most of the dregs that I deal with will never know me.
They might recognise me,but they will never know where I live.
BTW it's now safer in the US than in the UK.
Lew,Bite damn you'BITE :P
lew

Post by lew »

wholley wrote: BTW it's now safer in the US than in the UK.
Lew,Bite damn you'BITE :P

Safer my ass. Any idiot can carry guns out there, bush is in charge, American beer is sh*t. Hollywood’s full of fakes and losers. Michael Moore is a personal hero of mine, McDonalds and coke cola are ruining the entire world. Jackass is crap compared to dirty schanchez, American beer is sh*t. :lol: :P 8)

Sorry wholley that’s the best I can do atm, I haven’t slept in 24hrs, hope there’s enough there to keep you going.

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Knew you couldn't resist.
I'll let you get some zz's underway before I send my devestating reposte :P
Wholley.