Share This Page:

Plan or whatever you feel like?

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Bliartheliar

Plan or whatever you feel like?

Post by Bliartheliar »

During fitness training, do you all prefer to follow a plan or do you all just do whatever you feel like on that particular day?

Before I start any proper training (which hasnt been a lot recenty :oops: ) I put together a plan that covers 8-12 weeks. It basically just tells me what to do on a particular day, when to have rest days and when to progress. The probelm is that I always change my routine and never stick to one - I always think i doing too much, and then not enough so I end up coming up with new plans.

How many runs should I be doing a week? I used to do 5 runs (mon, tue, thur, fri and sat) but suffered from shin spints so revised my routine. Now im doing 3 or 4 at most. Some poeple also say its better to run every other day, while others advise against this. Which is best?
mercury

Post by mercury »

I run every other day , well I'm supposed to but y' know how it is.

It really depends on your mileage, if you are just doing 1.5 mile runs then every day wont kill you after a week or so. But if each run is a 6 miler then you 'll run into trouble if you are not conditioned to it

I myself have been runnnig for about 32 years , by now I should be looking at training 5 times aweek with X training in between

It is important to havea plan and stick to it , that goes for any training plan, and also important is to have a goal
"certa cito"
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

Cheers :)

I usually base my training plan on weekly milage - eg: ill start on 15 miles a week and go up 3 or 4 miles every 3 or 4 weeks.

My aerobic fitness isnt to bad but im worried about my anaerobic fitness level and strength. Im currently doing 5 miles on Mon and Wed and 3 miles on Fri, followed by an interval session on Sat (as well as circuit training 4x a week and a few weight sessions now and then). Im either planing do do some easy cycling on Tue and Thur (when my bike gets fixed) but I am considering going for walks carrying weights, to help build up strength in my legs and back.
mercury

Post by mercury »

dont carrying weights , you'll get enough of that in training

Concerntrate on cardio and anerobic

Do try to include plenty of hills in your training , thats where I used to have problems last house was in the middle of the flatest place this side of the fens
"certa cito"