Share This Page:

Ultimate Farce.

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
MrMitty

Post by MrMitty »

he may be in a TV series now but he is the real deal.

http://www.wurldhost.co.uk/derekhorne/s ... s/home.asp

Cheers

mitty
Normal

Post by Normal »

I totally enjoy Ultimate Force just as I totally enjoyed almost every other 'hard-man' cop or army programme since the professionals.

I'm entirely happy for the Scottish guy, the big black guy, the irritating whiny one and the good looking woman to mysteriously leave the series provided they are replaced by another Scottish guy, another big black guy, another annoying bloke and another great looking woman...

I like the way the villains are almost all sympathetic and the way that they always get killed in the end anyway.

I like Ross Kemp being totally unconvincing as he shouts out his sit-reps in all the gun fights like some oik in basic training...
Not to mention him telling the CO what to do all the time and explaining absolutely everything for the benefit of us watching at home...

I hope it runs forever, it will always have a big thumbs up from me!
:o
beardo

Post by beardo »

yeah its entertaining just completly unrealistic...kinda like ''Predator'' :lol:
dalo

Post by dalo »

No way predator has a good story line a hunter who hunts for game and takes trophys, like he only hunts the best warriors, like arnies special forces squad leaving arnie till last. I also think its good how the predator only took the native indians guys skull as a trophy because he threw away his weapon and fought like a true "warrior" but he obviously wanted big arnolds skull aswell.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

for stuff to be screen friendly its got to be long, drawn out and full of BS.

maybe if some ex air or boat service bod took up scriptwriting we'd have something reasonable to watch along these lines.

some things would kinda have to be glanced over, like long hours in op's and the like, but i guess you get my drift...
SP

The line between BS and PC is thin and blurry
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

Nothing aginst the show in terms of realism - its only just a bit of fun. However last week the car-bomb explosion was the biggest anti-climax in television hisotry - the van barely got blown apart despite a huge bomb in the back. I also hate the way the terrorists have to die in new and exciting ways. The Zimbabwean militia leader getting his head cut off with a machete, or the al-Qaeda fella getting shot by the sniper in dramatic fashion (when the hostege leaps up and pulls the curtain open) although Henno's pointing a gun at is head from less than 5 meters away.

Though lets face it - James Bond, Spooks, 24, etc arent completely realistc but they are bloody good to watch.
mercury

Post by mercury »

The bomb was a bit of an anti climax wasn't it !

I expected a huge ott explosion , maybe thats why the cordon for the car bomb only seemed to be about 30 feet :o
"certa cito"
beardo

Post by beardo »

yeah it was a bit small...and as soon as i saw that cliff I knew they would rip-off Indianna Jones
Normal

Post by Normal »

Missed it last week...
:cry:
MrMitty

Post by MrMitty »

You mean predator was fictional!!!!!!!!!!
dalo

Post by dalo »

Yeh i think predators camofluage is totally trippy. Imagine your walking home after a night out in your local town nobody going about and you just seen that trippy camo wearing alien running along the street. lol
dalo

Post by dalo »

Yeh pred is a total rasta with those dreads and hanging out with the jamaicans in the second film. lol hahahahah :lol: Sorry couldnt help myself.
gnrgreenhill

ultimate fast

Post by gnrgreenhill »

:roll: I origanaly enjoyed the first two series of ultimate force, However what the hell happened to the third series?
dalo

Post by dalo »

I know the third series doesnt stand for anything with respect the the SAS. I mean come on throwing a gun to someone whilst they dive in the air, they catch it in mid air then shoot two terrorists perfectly while they hide behind hostages using them as human shields, come on thats crap, i wouldnt be surprised if there is an episode where they have to free hostages on a moon base which has bee taken over by terrorists threatening to blow up earth...... and mars with laser guns.
dalo

Post by dalo »

lol