Share This Page:

downwards spiral

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
whyi

Post by whyi »

[quote="English Rose"]Nothing quite like being kicked when you're down is there?

Good luck on Thursday Gary, you know where I am :wink:[/quote]

true
Gary_amsterdam

Post by Gary_amsterdam »

Edwards159 wrote:
Gary_amsterdam wrote:hm, I've lost my motivation again, got an interview on thursday with the Dutch army.
What you looking to do this time?
airmobile brigade or normal infantry. And whyi, thanks, made me think about myself that two feet thing :)
I am :

admin-mong
drill-mong
DAOR-mong
:D

(ps. stay in )
whyi

Post by whyi »

[quote="Gary_amsterdam"][quote="Edwards159"][quote="Gary_amsterdam"]hm, I've lost my motivation again, got an interview on thursday with the Dutch army.[/quote]

What you looking to do this time?[/quote]

airmobile brigade or normal infantry. And whyi, thanks, made me think about myself that two feet thing :)[/quote]

that`s why i put it and i hope it does make you think,no one in this world can do everything for you nor will every person be given a silver spoon in there mouth

i myself have too look after a wife and daughter who are both ill all day every day

also in the past i have helped a charity to send kids to lapland at christmas as a genereal rule 75 will of died by the following may

but i tell you this each and every one fights to get as much out of life as they can,if you are healthy you realy need to do the same

only you can write your own future out you can be what ever you want to be but you have to fight for it
Edwards159

Post by Edwards159 »

I think i might have to start teaching people how to quote other people's threads.
Utrinque Paratus
Cronkilla

Post by Cronkilla »

Edwards159 wrote:I think i might have to start teaching people how to quote other people's threads.
Was thinking that myself :D

Take it from someone who has been in a similar position. Get out there and get a job, the longer you wait the harder it will become. Dont hold onto the idea of joining up, things can and will often go wrong( It's the law of the sod). As soon as you get a job and meet some decent people life starts picking up, except after a night out when it can take on a colourfull appearence :D

You could always try volunteering or getting a part time job if your not interested in a full-time one. I had a good time volunteering at a nature reserve cutting down trees and the like and met some very interesting people .
Lance

Post by Lance »

Gary,

You have done the very best thing in talking about it. Make sure you do this whenever you are feeling this way, otherwise you become so wrapped up in your troubles that you become detached from the real world and lose sight of reality.

I have been there many times myself. There is no magic cure. Talking about it is the easiest and most effective thing you can do.

Regards

Lance
"The enemy should be in no doubt that we are his nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction."
Lieutenant Colonel Tim Collins