Share This Page:

BRITISH MILITARY FITNESS (BMF)

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Boxingmad

BRITISH MILITARY FITNESS (BMF)

Post by Boxingmad »

I just started training with these guys and they are superb. All the instructors are ex service personnel, most of them current or ex army, RM or TA.

- The sessions last for 1 hour

- It's based on standard army/RM circuits

- They don't shout and swear as if you are week 1 recruits. Instead they encourage you but you still feel like a soldier really. You wear bibs so you are a number

- Men and women do it, so you meet new people as well. Unlike a gym, where folk go into their own little worlds, everyone tries to encourage and help one another

- If you are unfit, it doesn't matter. You are divided up into novice, intermediate and high fitness groups, so everyone can do it. Different coloured bibs for different fitness levels

- Every month or so, you get tested on your fitness levels, so you can see how you are doing

- They run adventure training weekends, mock Commando & P Company courses etc. Running clubs as well and social events too

It'll be useful if you need to start fitness for the army/RM or whatever else you're doing in the military. if you are unfit like I am, the novice groups are still quite hard!

www.britmilfit.com
Remember, knowledge is power, unless you forget it all.
jay999

Post by jay999 »

that sounds quite good i might have a go at it. is it just in one location or spread out over the country?
Stu-

Post by Stu- »

looks to be spread out across the country

wish there was 1 closer to me in essex, londons a bit far for me to go

looks better than the gym
Boxingmad

Post by Boxingmad »

It's much better than the gym, in terms of actually working out. I only go to a gym to:

a) stare at birds

b) get a decent shower (mine's on the blink)

c) have an extension to my social life with, hopefully, more birds

Look at the BMF website at www.britmilfit.com and it'll tell you where your nearest one is. They seem to start new classes now and then. They also do personal training as well. All the info is on there.
Remember, knowledge is power, unless you forget it all.
jay999

Post by jay999 »

yea that seems a very ueful thing i might try that,there is one fairly close to me so ill give it a go n give my opinion if anyone wants.
johnnyboy

Post by johnnyboy »

Last edited by johnnyboy on Wed 13 Oct, 2004 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scorg

Post by Scorg »

Has anyone attempted to give it a go yet?
Ive had a look and spotted one in Edinburgh so fairly close to me and there is a novice class there which would suit an unfit person like myself and hell, if it gets the required results for raf levels i'll be more then happy
Scorg

Post by Scorg »

Well since nobody seems to have gone so far, I best tell you what it was like since I did the first session this evening, suprised I can type at the mo as it was pretty knackering and intence, but at least it was varyed which makes the difference. Also other people there to help encurage.
No chance to slack off there, unlike at the gym, so I think this will make a difference
Walker

Post by Walker »

Just had a look at the link and the wealth of past and current experience the instructors have and I have to say I was very impressed.

My unit (TA) does one night of phys a month and I'm one of em folks who need constant encouragement to stay on the ball. I've asked several friends to come along with me but they are reluctant as they think its a boot camp.

Anyone been to the Edinburgh based one? Or considering going and needs a beasting partner?
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

Well if it works for you then keep it up. I used to like circuit training the best so damned hard that afterwards people had to talk to each other!

Also consider joining a triathlon club, these places are very friendly and a good place to work on your fitness.

Keep at it :lol: :lol: :lol:
flynn101

Post by flynn101 »

Wow mock p companys lemme just go cancel my holiday in the bahamas :P :lol:
Scorg

Post by Scorg »

Walker wrote:Just had a look at the link and the wealth of past and current experience the instructors have and I have to say I was very impressed.

My unit (TA) does one night of phys a month and I'm one of em folks who need constant encouragement to stay on the ball. I've asked several friends to come along with me but they are reluctant as they think its a boot camp.

Anyone been to the Edinburgh based one? Or considering going and needs a beasting partner?
The edinburgh one is the one I go to :)
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Boxingmad wrote:b) get a decent shower (mine's on the blink)
hehe good lad. :lol: :)
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

Thanks for the link mat have seen the site before but didn't realise there was one in Cardiff.

Shit, wish I'd nipped down to this before. Have to make up for lost time.
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

(Whistles through teeth) Bit pricey though eh?