Share This Page:

Petition on Line To Save Scottish Regiments

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
BenChug

Post by BenChug »

Signed, if they still had the Black Watch reg force in Canada I'd be in a kilt in a minute, the ladies love'm.
If a man has nothing he is willing to die for then he isn't fit to live.

Post by 9901637 »

have signed two or three of these online petitions and got some others to sign them (from other forums).

It is especially relevant for me as i live in blackwatch territory and when i sign up its either the red beret or the red hackle!

keep it going guys!

The Cheat

Post by The Cheat »

Just signed... Number 2325. Those Scotch weirdos are a decent enough bunch of ppl.. even though I can only understand them when I'm drunk :drinking:
... Well, at least I think I can... :-?
Last edited by The Cheat on Wed 11 Aug, 2004 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Know your limits...Then crush them
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid ... =871262004

The government basically wants to increase the number of 'special forces' while decreasing the number of people in armed forces as a whole..........

*slaps forehead*.........
ELP

Post by ELP »

Need a new petition. Make a list of all the MP's that vote for all these MOD cuts so people know who to fire. :fist:
[b]ELP[/b]

[img]http://www.defrep.org/graphics/cell.jpg[/img]
alex4013

Post by alex4013 »

Signed dude. 2366. :D

I live in Royal Scots terrirtory, it would be a shame if they were disbanded, being the First of Foot. I think it'll be the Black Watch who are for the chop. :(

I remember when I was a signaller in Catterick, I was speaking to a Para Corporal who was transferring over to Sigs (career move).. Well there were a lot of Gurkhas at Catterick (Queens Gurkha Signallers) and the PAra lad said to me, Never f*** with the Gurkhas, even the Signallers ones. Oh, and the Black Watch. We tend not to f*** with them either!

Does the Govt realise what they're destroying? Fair comment about wanting more SF troops, but those SF troops need a solid grounding in soldiering before going SF.

It's all sad, whoever they disband. Might as well have a :drinking:

Post by 9901637 »

The fact that the government want to increase the size of the UKSF is a cathc 22 situation. The main reason that they want to increase the size and number of SF is that they have been so succesful in the 'war on terror' (See afghanistan and iraq) that it has clearly demonstrated the profficiency of special forces for fighting these unconventional wars (when compared to conventional forces). As such the government has seen that so much can be done by so few and think that they can decrease the number of conventional troops whilst increasing the number fo SF.

However, in order for SF to work properly, they need the support of conventioanl forces in terms of resources and recruitmnet pool. Because of this, if the government drop the number of conventional forces, the recuiting pool for SF will also decrease in size leading to problems with recuitment.

On top of this, the problem with the drive to increase the number of SF is the fact that entry standards almost always drop (and if the recruiting pool decreases whilst manpower requirment increases then stantdards will go down)

Basically the success of the SF in recent times is responsible for the problems they face. Sad but true in the times we live in!

9901637 (AKA adam)