Share This Page:

scottish independance

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
owdun

Post by owdun »

Poor Ireland gets loads-a-money from the EU,in farm subsidies etc.She only got rich on the backs of Germany U.K and France.The same will apply when the next 10 countries join,a bloody good reason for the U.K to opt out once and fore-all time.

Aye Owdun. :evil:
Tab

Post by Tab »

Faddius me ole mate Ireland has only really improved it's self since joing the EU. Withh £3 million in grants each and every day then any country should be able to look good. Just look how your politicans are fighting to keep these grants. I wonder what will happen if or when they stop and you then have to pay in to the system and get nothing in return.
K24io

Post by K24io »

Not wanting to be drawn too much.

Economics - Big thing. Scotland isn't doing too well at the moment business wise and the support for business is pretty poor. Therfore Scottish based financial decisions could help. Removal of inneficancies of the system and overspend in certain area's could really help as well. I don't like paying for weapnos of mass destruction. I can't think of any point I'd actually agree with their use - different topic. They are expensive.

The future plan would be the growth of a knowledge based economy, not manufacturing and not the service economy with slaveshops/call-centres.

As for projecting force - WE would be a small country, why would he project force? Far fewer enemies than the UK.

Happy for England to have its own English parliament with english MP's, guess you have been making doing with Scottish Monarchy for a while (Remember it was Scot taking English throne, not other way round.)

Current system has done very little for us- tuition fee's have been re-named and the lib dems claim they didn't back down (lie).
Free care for the elderly has caused a lot of problems as no-one wants to pay for it, several places are faced with closure and many people are still paying.

It would work with right leadership, same goes for any country. Whether SNP are right leadership.... not for me to decide.

The bottom line is majority didn't think so, if most people had wanted independence then it would be in the process now.
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

There`s just one word to say about Scottish Independance,
QUITERS

What have the Romans ever done for us :P
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Topper

Post by Topper »

I don't have anything against the Scots, but it makes me laugh when Scots go on about how they would really love independence from the union and primariyl the English rule. As an Englishman I would love Scotland to be fully independent so that a large proportion of our money can actually be spent on the North-East and other deprived areas instead of going to Scotland. Heres to Scottish and English independence.
Tab

Post by Tab »

Harry, I don't think the Romans got to Austrlia, so they could not have done much for you, could they now.
Monkey!

Post by Monkey! »

believe it or not, the majority of scots dont want complete independance from the UK, (we're not as dumb as we look apparently), why divide the UK when it works so well?
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Thank you Tab.
I had forgotten that fact :cry:
However, since I will forever be English ........... :P
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
rabby

Post by rabby »

Come on Topper, if anything, Scotland gives England money, all that North sea oil and gas which is nearly gone, Scottish it was, but we let the money it earned be used for feeding the English. What a waste. :wink:
There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
K24io

Post by K24io »

The union isn't working that well mate. Economy in the South East is booming but up here the job market isnt' as great as the figures suggest. Recruitment ads are filled with £11k - 13k, mainly sales and call centre work. As much use as tits on fish. We are not under English rule.

Scottish gets a higher spend per GDP excluding North Sea Oil and Gas. The north sea is roughly at the half-way point in its reserves. The next hlaf will be more difficult to extract though so correct policy over it is crucial - any decision will be taking in London though. :roll:

The fire-fighters strike us under UK control, a shame as even Scottish Labour would be willing to deal with it and it is affecting Scottish lives. We suffer tuition fees. We have the joy of weapons of mass destruction just off our shores at cost of 940 million pounds per year. The Scottish parliment were denied a full debate on Iraq and we have a 'yes man' as first minister.

The NHS is still in need of emergency care, bed numbers have fallen and we have PFI which doesn't sit well with a public service.

The transport network is awful. No-one can argue with that.

Education needs lower class sizes. Free milk and a free lunch for every school pupil have recently been rejected on cost grounds - found the funds for Iraq ok though didn't we?

We currently have a house of parliament in London and a house of lords. That sounds efficent.

Fishing rights sold up the river to help Blair in Europe?

I guess we have lots to thank you for then!

Most of these are long term problems with elected governments rather than the actual system itself, but a local government would listen more and be more interested in the problems facing Scottish lives. The tories in particular didn't give a flying fox. They didn't have a majority vote up here as right-wing politics have never went down too well.

The act of the union was a scottish king taking English throne as well, not the other way around.
jonboy

Post by jonboy »

"we are not under english rule" Ok you may have your own little parliment but your are still under control from westminster when it comes to alot of serious descions. By the way Brave Fart is on tonight, so set your video recorders, its a very factual film?
P.S dont forget the tissues.
alright
K24io

Post by K24io »

I think you'l find its a UK parliament and not an English parliament, I don't like it but I'm not going to be as foolish as to say we are ruled by the English. English MP's have more say in our issues than we would like. Thats one of the arguements for full independance.

Braveheart isn't a factual film, the battle of stirling bridge is fought without even mention of a bridge. My own town is slightly different to the portrayal in the film as well.

Its a film mate, this was a thread concerning the here and now of reality.
Gearjammer351

Post by Gearjammer351 »

I would not like to see the UK break up and I think that it would be detrimental to the country as a whole.

Aye - Andy
I agree with Andy,something like the Canadian or American system may work-where the federal govt. and local governments have a division of power.In the US the states have their own governments but it isn't redundant as they have different authority,ie states control vehicle registration,welfare benefits,and some laws while the feds control things like the military,foreign policy,the space program.There are some overlaps but not a lot.
Andy made the point that there is some ironing out that could be done in Canada-but really they all could use it-no system is perfect.
For those who have had to defend it, liberty has a flavor the protected will never know