Share This Page:

T - Shirt Designs - Feedback Required

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Denon

T - Shirt Designs - Feedback Required

Post by Denon »

Hi there,

I am currently in the process of designing a couple of T Shirts with military ( and even regiment specific ) themes.

I have family & friends who are also - or have served in the military, and I was hoping to obtain an unbiased opinion with regards to good taste.

My family and friends who have served in the military (and both of the regiments mentioned below) think the designs are fine, but I want to do a larger survey to be sure.

A few years ago, I don't think I would have needed to ask if some of the designs were appropriate to print - but with recent events in mind, especially with regards to certain regiments - I thought it best to post this topic and guage the actual feelings of other individuals first.

Please be assured my intention is not to offend - which is why I am posting this topic.

Please reply with any feedback - and thoughts you may have on the slogans or designs:

The 2 main ideas that have been narrowed down are:

1. "ROYAL MARINE COMMANDO'S DON'T DIE - THEY JUST GO TO HELL & REGROUP" Yellow font on green shirt

2. "PARATROOPERS EAT THEIR DEAD" - with regiment logo on maroon shirt.

Cheers,

Denon.
chrischance

Post by chrischance »

This could be a very tongue-in-cheek question regarding 'good taste', especially with recent casualties. Anyway, I'll give you my opinion.
No 1 might sell down at Lympstone but No 2 may cause a raised eyebrow.
This is nothing to do with gung-ho or machismo, I am merely thinking about your 'good taste' remark.
I feel this thread may go on a bit, but good luck and I hope you get your answers.
Chris.
'Beneath the Poppy Fields'
'The Assassins Code 1'
'Carabanchel'
'The Lone Brit on 13'
'Satan's Arena'
Locked up Abroad
chrischance.co.uk
Doc

Post by Doc »

Hardly original and abit bad taste in my opinion

Tshirts tend to be specific to units and deployments these days anyway.

What is your aim, to sell and make a living, wouldnt bother if I was you, lots do it and you would need a tad more originality than you are mentioning above.

Good luck

Doc
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Commandos doesn't have an apostrophe, it's a plural, not a possessive.
:wink:
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
HCR

Post by HCR »

Doc has hit the nail on the head. T-Shirts are very very popular in the Military. But they are like Doc said designed at Unit Level or even Squadron/Company and even Troop/Platoon level. And they normally have a sense of humour about them. I think the best T-Shirt I saw was the Basra Palace ones in the design of Carlsberg lager. With the saying "probably the most rocketed Palace in the World".on the back. I think the whole Battle Group brought them so someone did alright out of it

Even though your ideas are probably the most corny, and are more US than British don't worry too much about being close to the mark. Soldiers have a very unique sense of humour and find things funny that most wouldn't. Like the Basra Palace T-Shirts. Sold like hot cakes even though many have sadly been killed by Rockets at Basra Palace
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' 'Chuck him out, the brute!'
But it's 'Saviour of 'is country' when the guns begin to shoot; (Rudyard Kipling)
SandyTheGuvnor

Re: T - Shirt Designs - Feedback Required

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

Denon wrote:Hi there,

I am currently in the process of designing a couple of T Shirts with military ( and even regiment specific ) themes.

I have family & friends who are also - or have served in the military, and I was hoping to obtain an unbiased opinion with regards to good taste.

My family and friends who have served in the military (and both of the regiments mentioned below) think the designs are fine, but I want to do a larger survey to be sure.

A few years ago, I don't think I would have needed to ask if some of the designs were appropriate to print - but with recent events in mind, especially with regards to certain regiments - I thought it best to post this topic and guage the actual feelings of other individuals first.

Please be assured my intention is not to offend - which is why I am posting this topic.

Please reply with any feedback - and thoughts you may have on the slogans or designs:

The 2 main ideas that have been narrowed down are:

1. "ROYAL MARINE COMMANDO'S DON'T DIE - THEY JUST GO TO HELL & REGROUP" Yellow font on green shirt

2. "PARATROOPERS EAT THEIR DEAD" - with regiment logo on maroon shirt.

Cheers,

Denon.

Well that one has already been done before like this "PARATROOPERS DON'T DIE - THEY JUST GO TO HELL & RE-ORG" :wink:
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
Doc

Post by Doc »

The best one I have ever seen was the one about Belize, now its a few years back but on the rear of it was a long paragraph which included things like "Ive passed PCoy the AACC, Selection twice and seen goats fark in the market place etc etc etc etc ................But Ive never seen shit like this!"

Awesome...............well made me laugh :lol:
adj125

Post by adj125 »

Doc wrote:The best one I have ever seen was the one about Belize, now its a few years back but on the rear of it was a long paragraph which included things like "Ive passed PCoy the AACC, Selection twice and seen goats fark in the market place etc etc etc etc ................But Ive never seen shit like this!"

Awesome...............well made me laugh :lol:

I Don't Smoke Dope, Chew Rope, Dance, Prance, Romance, Fight, Fart, f@#k Shoot The Shit, or Drive a Truck, I've Been In The Army, Royal Marines, Royal Airforce, Around The World Three Times, Three World Wars, And Seen Goats f@#k In The Market Place, But I Ain't Never Seen No Shit Like This
Ex RE 1986 till 1997
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

They both sound a bit Websters to me! Especially the Para Regt one.
Doc

Post by Doc »

adj125 wrote:I Don't Smoke Dope, Chew Rope, Dance, Prance, Romance, Fight, Fart, f@#k Shoot The Shit, or Drive a Truck, I've Been In The Army, Royal Marines, Royal Airforce, Around The World Three Times, Three World Wars, And Seen Goats f@#k In The Market Place, But I Ain't Never Seen No Shit Like This
Awesome, cheers buddy, I may even get that printed out onto a tshirt for mincing around the defac in!

Doc
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

My fav had on the front:

Be the Best

and on the back:

Join the aRMy with the a and the y crossed out. :lol:

With apologies to Greenronnie, adj125, Tab, et al.. :wink:
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

Sisyphus wrote:My fav had on the front:

Be the Best

and on the back:

Join the aRMy with the a and the y crossed out. :lol:

With apologies to Greenronnie, adj125, Tab, et al.. :wink:
Been done before mate. Funny how predictable this thread turned out. Someone will bring out the 'God is airborne/a Marine' chestnut in a min..zzzzzzzzzzz
Doc

Post by Doc »

I liked the "God is Airborne, because he failed the Commando Course" Tshirt myself....................................... :o
HCR

Post by HCR »

When your in the Military you have a massive sense of attachment to your Unit. You have a sense of belonging to your mates and you will stand and fight with your mates no matter what. And this is getting tested more and more often now days. And no one is found wanting. You feel that your Regiment is the best, and your Sqn/Coy is the best and your Troop/Platoon is the best. You feel proud of what you are and what you do and no one will say otherwise. That's why there is so much mud throwing on this site sometimes. And Im as guilty as any one else. When I hear someone say crap about the Army or my Regiment I think f*ck you, what do you know and say something back. Ive p*ssed off allot on this site and I make no apologies for it. I think that's why T-Shirts are so popular. They say something about you and your mates on that Operation. The Paras love there T-Shirts, each one seems to be different. And the RM's seem just to wear T-Shirts that slag of the Army. Don't know why they seem so obsessed with us, but they are. Army T-Shirts don't say anything about the other services. If that upsets some on here I don't care, its only what Ive seen for myself.
Im not sure what my point is here, soI will leave it because Ive had a drink
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' 'Chuck him out, the brute!'
But it's 'Saviour of 'is country' when the guns begin to shoot; (Rudyard Kipling)
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

Paratroopers eat their dead?

Thats the most disrespectful thing i've ever heard, you twat. :evil:

Predictable thread GR. Very few with HALO t-shirts though. 8)
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!