Share This Page:

Re: Retreat & Bunker

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Alan/Trog,

Thanks, I appreciate your comments. I agree about my last two pages. Check out some of the others' pages as well though. Parity at all levels. Also look at posts preceding mine. You may get an indication as to my responses.

I assume that you are an intelligent chap with a sharp sense of decency.
But I don't recall you ever having addressed a moderator for referring to other forum members as
Mong! Arsewipe! Gobshite! Twonk! Prong!
etc.

Take some time out from reading through my 93 pages and search on those words and other insults. Don't just look at the word, which could be used as a jest or in a fun way, look at the context as well. Judge for yourself if the use of those words was acceptable.
Pilgrim Norway

Post by Pilgrim Norway »

OK - Was still awake - I'll do as you ask and check out the search words.

I must admit that I do not recollect seeing them on this Forum before -
so I'll do a good search. ( also for the context they were used ).

If you do feel stretched take a 'time out' - you're quite right -
it's not worth the hassle. Lower your shouders and type lighter !

Now I AM off.....
Trog
45 Recce yomper

[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
owdun

Post by owdun »

an ounce of wit,sadly lacking in some of your posts,sarcasm aplenty,but then again,they say it is the lowest form of wit.I agree with Trog,just re read your last couple of posts,you may see what others see.

Owdun.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Owdun,

I'm disappointed. Only mildly though.

No need for me to re-read my own posts, I know what is in them. I wrote them. I stand by every word.

Regards
RC
JAYRIGG

Re:Retreat & Bunker

Post by JAYRIGG »

Morning everybody,

I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Jay, and I did a bit of time in the military myself. I've been reading these forums for about five years now, but have never felt the the need to contribute, until now. I really don't think we ought to get into slanging matches but one of the reasons these forums were set up was for young lads looking for a bit of advice on joining up, good advice that is, that also includes stupid questions, which I'm sure we all asked over the years. Being told they're a mong, prong, arsewipe etc or even in extreme cases being "asked out" for a scrap (yes I read all that stuff about taffmad and found it quite unbelievable bearing in mind he was a warrant officer with gangs of experience and advice for potential recruits ), is really NOT helpful. I'm trying not to have a go at any one here, but I totally agree with RC on this one. Moderators are there to "moderate" as the word implies. As for RC's posts, they are sarcastic (c'mon he's a bootneck!), but never personal or malicious which is what counts. I actually find his posts quite funny and long may he continue to post.

cheers,

Jay.
Hostage_Negotiator

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

..........great that's all he needs....encouragement!

:lol:
"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

H_N,

Your posts have also spurred me on. :wink:

Hi ho, Silver! Away!
Hostage_Negotiator

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

Great..now it's my fault!

Just for clarification I have never even been close to RC whilst wearing spurs, chaps or any other manner of cowboy attire, in fact the closest I ever came to wearing any cowboy gear was when a Navy Seal swapped headress with me for a photo! 8)
"When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

H_N,
It was this thread. Your comments and proposals supported by the likes of Tab, Flighty, Hyperlithe, Doc, Sully, Sportbilly42, Owdun, Anglo-Saxon, Greenronnie etc.

viewtopic.php?p=209864&highlight=#209864
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

I hope everyone had a great break. I suppose one way of judging this is that the number of posts over the festive season would be inversely proportional to how much it was enjoyed. :-?
Rogue Chef wrote:I forgot one:

Moderators should be able to accept a little bit of criticism and deal with it appropriately
A new year can be an opportunity for significant change and I find myself agreeing with RC.

Well, with the sentiment expressed, anyway. I've never tried to become one as I haven't the time or commitment required - even knowing that forums can't exist without them - so I can only appreciate the work of those who do step into the breach. And, as RC suggests, I've got no problem with the occasional criticism.

What is unacceptable, though, is continuous carping, whining and whingeing, about Mods, Admin, etc..

Of course, it's possible nothing much has changed during the 'season of good will to all' but I do hope I'm completely wrong about this.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

I find myself agreeing with RC
Blimmin' heck!

If anyone's got a feather handy, quick here's your chance, knock me down!
Shoulderholster

Post by Shoulderholster »

Is the Ladies Heads closed as well?.
I only got in there once and was spotted straight away,my handbag didn't match my shoes,a basic schoolgirl error (thats the last time I listen to Doc!).Sorry Loz I didn't realise it was your locker,hope the stains came out.
Rouge,sorry mate I dropped my feather when I was watching that pig fly past.
SH
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

It hasn't been, but it could be if anyone has particularly strong feelings about it.

Us girls can always discuss our knitting patterns, cookery tips, favourite articles from Cosmo etc. on open forum.
:o
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

I went in by accident once, but the smell was shocking! I won't make that mistake again.

I don't have strong feelings about the Ladies Heads, but it seems to fly in the face of the current open and transparent, no closed forums policy. Why make the declaration and have exceptions.
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

Hyperlithe wrote:It hasn't been, but it could be if anyone has particularly strong feelings about it.
Well, I hope not. Ladies are from Venus and need to be able to discuss things in Venesian.

As for the Retreat and the Bunker - it's a sad reflection of what has happened on this forum. They were set up because of the silly [to some of us] questions of the less mature posters.

Now there is no escape. Maybe it will work, maybe not. We shall see.