Share This Page:

Advice needed

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Diohuni

Re: Advice needed

Post by Diohuni »

Walter Kovacks wrote:Techowiz, Scambuster/Dubious Dick/Diohuni,

Thanks for all the info and especially for any input that assisted this investigation to its successful conclusion.
Just looking back over the thread, it would appear that quite a few members on here doubted you from the beginning and some were quite hostile; which is a shame because I'd like to think that Military Forums is a place where people can discuss military related matters openly and honestly.
Hi Walter,

Thanks for the comment!

We were surprised that so few people here seemed at all worried about this issue. All we asked for at outset was contacts, and hoped some guys here may have assisted.

never mind. We are on the road to seeing the results we hoped and worked for.

As for others here. Nothing to do with crowing. Just to show we were right all along!
Diohuni

Post by Diohuni »

A Brief History of the Fake Explosives Detectors Campaign here

http://www.skepticism-uk.org/entry.php? ... s-Campaign

Please join and support

[url]http:/www.Skepticism-UK.org[/url]
Walter Kovacks

Post by Walter Kovacks »

To me the most surprising thing is that organisations actually bought it without testing it thoroughly first!
MilitaryFan

Post by MilitaryFan »

I have a Elliott Brothers London Limited Speed Inidicator. I know absolutely nothing about it and was wondering if anyone of this forum could help me,

It says on the screen 'Elliott' Speed Indicator No. 23565
then below says 'Elliott Brothers (London) Limited.
It also has both its keys for turning the dials on the side and therefore is complete as far as I am aware

Anyone who knows any information about these items please reply to this post, if you wish to see pictures let me know and leave your email address in the message and i will send you images as I cant get them to upload to the forum.

Any information at all about this peculiar item wo=ill be very much appreciated including the value should anyone have a rough idea.

Rover

Post by Rover »

Go to Google,log in...Elliott Brothers London Limited Speed Inidicator.

Loads of information.

Rover
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Walter Kovacks

Post by Walter Kovacks »

I spotted this on the BBC website.
It appears that Techowiz, Scambuster/Dubious Dick/Diohuni were spot on. Good effort chaps.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22380368
Walter Kovacks

Post by Walter Kovacks »

Seen this morning on the tv prog Ill Gotten Gains. Not only has James McCormick, the main player in this scam, been outed and convicted, the authorities have seized loads of his kit under the proceeds of crime act.

The programme also featured an interview with ex Bootneck Aaron Moon, who lost a leg in Afghanistan when his Viking was hit by an IED.

Thanks to Techowiz, Scambuster/Dubious Dick/Diohuni for being part of the successful prosecution. Not so many thanks to SOME on here who were scathing and quite hostile.
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Beast »

Thanks for the update Walter, appreciated that justice has been served to a degree.
Christinemeah

Post by Christinemeah »

good advice..