Share This Page:

Advice needed

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Techowiz

Advice needed

Post by Techowiz »

Hi guys, a big salute to all our armed forces.

We need the help of the EOD people on this site.
We are investigating alleged explosives detectors, marketed in the UK by two companies:

ATSC Google ade 651 and look at ATSCltd
Global Technical Google GT200 and look at Global Technical
See second post for websites This crap is being marketed and sold all over the world as long range explosive detectors. If any EOD guys can have a look at the relevant websites and give an informed judgement it would be most appreciated.
There may be a press investigation into this equipment so people willing to go on the record would be most welcome.

God bless and protect you all.
Last edited by Techowiz on Sun 09 Nov, 2008 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Techowiz

Post by Techowiz »

Further to the above the relevant websites are:

ATSC Website: www.atscltd.co.uk (Device ade651)

Global Technical www.globaltechnical.co.uk (device GT200)
Techowiz

Post by Techowiz »

Thank you to those who have taken the trouble to pm me with information.
regards
Artist

Post by Artist »

Keep taking the tablets!

EOD stuff is done by trained people who have served in the Armed Forces. Not by Eeijuts who post as you have done! :o

Artist
Sisyphus

Re: Advice needed

Post by Sisyphus »

Techowiz wrote: We need the help of the EOD people on this site.
We are investigating alleged explosives detectors, marketed in the UK by two companies:

ATSC Google ade 651 and look at ATSCltd
Global Technical Google GT200 and look at Global Technical
See second post for websites This crap is being marketed and sold all over the world as long range explosive detectors. If any EOD guys can have a look at the relevant websites and give an informed judgement it would be most appreciated.
There may be a press investigation into this equipment so people willing to go on the record would be most welcome.

God bless and protect you all.
WE is who and why is WE investigating something WE clearly know nothing about?

I'm willing to go on record with an expert analysis of the problem - but on a consultancy basis, of course. Please advise the address I should write to in order to initiate a proper contractual basis for our exchange of information.
Techowiz

Post by Techowiz »

Artist wrote:Keep taking the tablets!

EOD stuff is done by trained people who have served in the Armed Forces. Not by Eeijuts who post as you have done! :o

Artist
Either you are being deliberately stupid or the reading of the post, basic as it is, is beyond your limited comprehension.
Nowhere in my post have I suggested that I am involved in EOD. I have specifically asked the advice of any EOD members of this forum to look at the websites and the equipment they advertise, then give an informed opinion.
The advertised equipment is being sold in numerous countries as a long distance explosives detector. The countries that have pruchased this equipment have very suspect purchase control.
This equipment is putting at risk the lives of soldiers and police officers in these countries.
If bringing that fact to the attention to members of this forum makes me an, 'Eeijut', then what does that make you?
Perhaps you need to visit your GP as a matter of urgency to arrange some tablets for yourself!!!!!!
regards
Last edited by Techowiz on Thu 13 Nov, 2008 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Techowiz

Post by Techowiz »

Sisyphus wrote: WE is who and why is WE investigating something WE clearly know nothing about?
One does not have to be an expert in explosive detection equipment to know that the equipment marketed by these 2 companies is nothing short of a scam.
The alleged workings of this equipment has no basis in EOD, it is the scientific claims about the equipment that is total fiction.
So whilst I must bow to your obvious superior knowledge in the field of EOD, in respect of the scientific claims made by these companies, I stand my corner.
regards
Scambuster

Post by Scambuster »

Artist wrote:Keep taking the tablets!

Artist
I am working with Techowiz to try to expose and close down these companies. Your response clearly misunderstands our position. We are not trying to work in or become experts in EOD. Of course EOD work is done by experts and we deeply respect them.

We are disgusted that U.K. companies are marketing this shit equipment, and claiming MOD/REME approvals and connections.

I assume that you would also wish to see these crooks brought down?

If you can help then that would be great.

Thank you.
Scambuster

Post by Scambuster »

WE is who and why is WE investigating something WE clearly know nothing about?

I'm willing to go on record with an expert analysis of the problem - but on a consultancy basis, of course. Please advise the address I should write to in order to initiate a proper contractual basis for our exchange of information.[/quote]

We includes me. Techowiz and I are simply private citizens who find it disgusting that U.K companies are selling this shit equipment and making a great deal of money. We know that the equipment cannot and does not work.

We know that these companies do not have MOD/REME approvals/connections.

Presumably you do not like the idea that these people are belittling the real and dangerous work that proper EOD people do? Presumably you are also angry that they are making a lot of money selling garbage?

We are not in a position to pay fro help. If that is the only basis on which you are prepared to get involved then thanks but no thanks.

If however you agree that this is morally disgraceful, and that claiming association with our armed forces is despicale then maybe you would like to comment on this. You would need to comment on the type of equipment that can detect explosives. Our research suggest that this is really only possible at cloes range using Thermo-Redox technology or electronic 'smelling'. They claim detection by 'electrostatic attraction'. It is our understanding that this is impossible. That explosives would not have an electrostatic charge anyway?

If you wish to assist because you feel you have a duty and desire to expose fraud then please do. Otherwise thank you for your interest.

I would only add that there is no need to be insulting. If you do not agree with what we are doing then you can always read/post on othe threads that are more to your taste!
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

We includes me. Techowiz and I are simply private citizens who find it disgusting that U.K companies are selling this shit equipment and making a great deal of money. We know that the equipment cannot and does not work.
Perhaps you begin to see our (or my) difficulty with your position. You are 'simply private citizens' but you KNOW that the kit doesn't work?
One does not have to be an expert in explosive detection equipment to know that the equipment marketed by these 2 companies is nothing short of a scam.
Really??? :o How, as a non-expert can you make this statement?
:oops:
The alleged workings of this equipment has no basis in EOD, it is the scientific claims about the equipment that is total fiction.
If any EOD guys can have a look at the relevant websites and give an informed judgement it would be most appreciated.

If you KNOW that the kit doesn't work why are you asking for advice from EOD guys. :roll:

In any event, if you are so certain of your facts you'll know the links you provided are both to UK registered companies. I'm sure if you bring the matter to the attention of the authorities they would apply the relevant sanctions available in the Trades Descriptions Act 1968, The Misrepresentation Act 1967, The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (1994) and plenty of others, not least the Fraud Act.

I would only add that there is no need to be insulting. If you do not agree with what we are doing then you can always read/post on othe threads that are more to your taste!

It's hard not to be insulting - or, at least, cynical - when reading such drivel. So, if you don't mind, I was here before you and I'll be hanging around long after you've gone :evil:
Techowiz

Post by Techowiz »

Sisyphus wrote:
Really??? :o How, as a non-expert can you make this statement?
:oops:
Because the claims made for how the equipment work are based on spurious scientific assumptions, as someone who fully understands the electrical principles that are claimed, I can state that using those principles, what the makers claim is rubbish.
[
quote]The alleged workings of this equipment has no basis in EOD, it is the scientific claims about the equipment that is total fiction.
If any EOD guys can have a look at the relevant websites and give an informed judgement it would be most appreciated.

If you KNOW that the kit doesn't work why are you asking for advice from EOD guys. :roll:

Because whilst I can give an infomed opinion on the scientific crap they claim, as I have already mentioned I have no EOD experience, it was their persepective of the actual use of the equipment I was after.

In any event, if you are so certain of your facts you'll know the links you provided are both to UK registered companies. I'm sure if you bring the matter to the attention of the authorities they would apply the relevant sanctions available in the Trades Descriptions Act 1968, The Misrepresentation Act 1967, The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (1994) and plenty of others, not least the Fraud Act.

Having mentioned the above statutory bodies I will assume you have a basic understanding on how they operate. Therefore you will know that they are basically toothless when dealing with UK companies that only export this fraud.

It's hard not to be insulting - or, at least, cynical - when reading such drivel. So, if you don't mind, I was here before you and I'll be hanging around long after you've gone :evil:[/quote]

For the purpose of clarification perhaps you can declare whether you are associated with either of the two companies mentioned, the reason I suggest that is you describe as, 'drivel' any critiscism directed towards them. I am a bit surprised by that attitude, I would have thought that you would have had more concern for brother soldiers in other countries that put their lives on the line trying to detect explosives with this crap.
Would you walk into a known minefield using this crap, having read what you posted, perhaps you would, if so, I do't think as you state, 'I'll be hanging around long after you've gone'.
regards
Last edited by Techowiz on Thu 13 Nov, 2008 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Techowiz and Scambuster,

Welcome and thanks for your well constructed and informative posts.
I'm sure many of the more mature members will join me in thanking you for raising this issue and bringing it to our attention.
Scambuster

Thank you Rogue Chef

Post by Scambuster »

Your post is much appreciated.

I will not bother responding to Sisyphus again.

We understand that Mr. Bolton takes overseas contacts to a REME facility somewhere in the U.K. to give the impression of U.K. army approval/involvement. This may involve paying off someone at the facility.

It would be very interesting to discover which facility?

Anyone operating in Iraq should look out for the ADE 651 which is in use by a number of Police units. We hope that Bristish/U.S./Coalition forces do not rely on local Police assurances that they have cleared or checked areas where this kit is in use!! I would assume not but if there is the remotest chance then we would be devastated to hear of casualties as a result!

Hopefully the more mature members here would be sickened to hear of any deaths of civilians and police officers, or soldiers, wherever they may be, as a result of the use of the ADE or GT equipment.

Anyone who can get the word about or try to identify the REME facility you would be doing a great job! As civilians we do not expect you to report back, but it would be nice to hear even if just on the basis that progress has been made.

Cheers, and be safe!
La Langosta

Post by La Langosta »

Techowiz,
Are you (and/or your associate) a journo???? :-?
Techowiz

Fake explosive detectors

Post by Techowiz »

La Langosta wrote:Techowiz,
Are you (and/or your associate) a journo???? :-?
No, just concerned citizens that this scam equipment is putting at risk the lives of Soldiers and Police Officers.
regards