Share This Page:

Armed Forces discount

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
sp62

Armed Forces discount

Post by sp62 »

Hi all,

We run a Thai restaurant in Brighton and to support our armed forces we want to offer discount to them. If a customer showed some sort of ID we would give the discount. The problem is, not having been in or knowing anyone else in the armed forces we don't know what that ID would look like... Is there some sort of standard ID or something? If so, is there a sample available so I could stick it in the office for the staff to compare (none of them are English)?

Thanks
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

Before we could give you this information we'd need to know the name, address, telephone number and Company Registration number of your restaurant.

Presumably, there'll be no problem supplying these?
sp62

Post by sp62 »

No problem - I wondered if it might come across as suspicious but didn't want to be accused of spamming etc.! Have to tread carefully on a new forum...

Sukhothai Palace
62 Middle Street
Brighton

Full details at http://www.spalace.co.uk

Company reg: 4907351

You can contact by email as on website if you don't want to post here. The phone number is for the restaurant (bookings etc.) and they won't know what you are talking about!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Do you do Thai brides as Wholley is lonely?
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

That's bang out of order Doc. :evil:

This seems like a genuine businessman in a genuine restaurant wanting to do his bit by offering the troops some discount.

And you respond with a slur like that!

Totally out of order! :evil:
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Beast »

Well seeing im in the area, its be rude not to give them a try. :)
Discount you say? 8)

sp62, im afraid you wont find any copies or examples of Military ID due to security.
Your best bet is to place a notice in your restaurant for military personnel to display their ID.
Doc

Post by Doc »

London Boy wrote:That's bang out of order Doc. :evil:

This seems like a genuine businessman in a genuine restaurant wanting to do his bit by offering the troops some discount.

And you respond with a slur like that!

Totally out of order! :evil:
Good job I couldn't give a farking toss what you think then, isn't it.

My slur was aimed at Wholley in a friendly way, not this businessman.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Thai Bride?
Had one and then ten minutes later I wanted another one.
Or was that the Chinese one?
Been married so many times I just don't remember 8)
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Doc,

Absolutely spot on! Don't put up with any nonsense.
Why should you care what anyone else thinks?
Especially a gentleman who is new to this site and appears to want to do something to help HM Armed Forces.
You tell 'em!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Oh FFS

I wasnt having a pop at the gentleman offering discounts, good effort I say. I was having a laugh which was misunderstood by the gentleman from Sweden and as he had a pop I had one back.

Anyway, moving on ............
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Doc,

Absolutely spot on!

By the way, could "two in the body and one in the head" be construed as offering physical violence?

It never fails to amuse me (mildly), how people misconstrue things posted on public discussion forums.

Perhaps everyone would benefit from being a little more careful about what they post, how they interpret others and not take forums too seriously.

As my old African American clergyman, activist and prominent American civil rights leader used to say "I have a dream".
robbo_wp

Post by robbo_wp »

Thoughtful gesture. I wish more restuarants and places did this.
Si vis pacem, para bellum is - If you want peace, prepare for war.