Share This Page:

Greetings

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Major Moose

Greetings

Post by Major Moose »

Hi there,

I'm 18 years old, half way through Sixth Form (going into Year 14 next year). I'm hoping to join the Army as a nurse. I was considering quitting Sixth Form and dedicating a year to intense training to prepare myself for basic training. I'm not in bad shape, and I realise I don't have to be super fit, but I want to lose some weight on the legs, and then build it up in the arms in terms of muscle so I can do chin ups.

Are there any nurses here?
flo

Post by flo »

Welcome to the forums, and the answer to your question is yes there are some nurses on here, some civvie and some military. We even have the infamous 'Doc'. who will be able to answer all you queries, probably with a bit of satire thrown in for good measure :D

Ask away and enjoy the banter.
Friendship is like peeing in your pants,
everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth!!
JoJo82

Post by JoJo82 »

Welcome on board!

You will find alot of sound advice here hun

Beth
xx
[img]http://www.btinternet.com/~stuart.bowell/jb.jpg[/img]
[url=http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/][img]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev307bf___.png[/img][/url]
Tab

Post by Tab »

Greetings and welcome to the forums
Doc

Post by Doc »

all you queries
I dont speak to homosexuals, as Im the only gay in the village isnt it dew dew. :o :lol:

Now then, thingy-ma-jig, welcome aboard to these 'ere forums, and enjoy.

18 and already a Major? Two years ago you were still a minor? :lol:

Doc
going grey!

Post by going grey! »

Welcome, you was warned about Doc!! :o
Courage is knowing what not to fear.
Major Moose

Post by Major Moose »

Haha, thanks for the warm welcome!

My last name is Moosa, and I needed a military-esq username, and I came up with Major Moosa... funny-sounding by itself I thought I could do better that, and thus Major Moose was born.

So Doc, are you a Doctor? Medic? Nurse?

Are the nurses here part of the Queen Alexandra's Royal Nursing Corps? It'd be great to talk to someone in the know, but I'm here for more than that, I hope to become a regular member!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Morning Sir / Ma'am,

I was a Medic in the forces, then I faffed about abit, and now I am a medic with people who visit developing countries and guard overweight americans who tinker with valves and gauges.

I'm still trying to work out your gender, not that it matters as there are some on here that have both angles covered :o :lol:

As for the Army Nursing thingy, not a clue Im afraid, never got involved, I preferred Naval Nurses :P

Doc
KiwiBen

Post by KiwiBen »

Doc wrote:
I'm still trying to work out your gender, not that it matters as there are some on here that have both angles covered :o :lol:

Doc
Doc, you weren't making a reference to me there I hope, and if so "How dare you"!

Welcome Major Moose, hello everyone else :yeah:

I'm back to the dreary abyss of shift work and slow internet now, good day!