Share This Page:

Should Prince Harry serve on the FRONT LINE or NOT

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?

Should Prince Harry serve on the front line

Yes, he signed on the dotted line.
85%
No, it puts others working with him in danger.
11%
Other
4%

Total votes: 55

flo

Should Prince Harry serve on the FRONT LINE or NOT

Post by flo »

Should Prince Harry serve on the front line or not, opinions please.
Friendship is like peeing in your pants,
everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth!!
Artist

Post by Artist »

I refer the honourable lady to my post over on the other side; MF&T.

Artist
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

Personally i think so yes, he is a soldier first and foremost like any other and also an officer. He has done the same training as all the others and therefore should do the same job as asked. If his regiment were required to deploy to the 'frontline' he should go with his men.

From what i have read it appears that this is also how he feels, as i remember him asking for no special treatment what so ever, and also stating he wants to do his job the same as any other and that included being deployed on active operations on the frontline if so be it.
Sonne

Post by Sonne »

Harry has a lot of spirit. It's led to a somewhat colourful few years but good on him. The fact that he expects little or no preferential treatment is a shining example of how the royal family should behave. He and his kin are born into leadership and lets hope he is given the opportunity to shine.

Sonne
Noble and manly music invigorates the spirit, strengthens the wavering man, and incites him to great and worthy deeds - Homer
Tab

Post by Tab »

If he wants to have a career in the Army then how can lead people if he does not take the same risks. If it was okay for Andrew to fly helicopters in the Falklands then why can't it be right for Harry to serve with his unit in Iraq or else were.
Sonne

Post by Sonne »

Tab wrote:If he wants to have a career in the Army then how can lead people if he does not take the same risks. If it was okay for Andrew to fly helicopters in the Falklands then why can't it be right for Harry to serve with his unit in Iraq or else were.
Andrew isn't the prettiest of royals now is he? Perhaps they were hoping to prevent him from breeding? Harry however is a good looking lad.

Ok yes i know i'm twisted to even consider it. But still....

Sonne
Noble and manly music invigorates the spirit, strengthens the wavering man, and incites him to great and worthy deeds - Homer
Doc

Post by Doc »

Queerboy!!!!!!! :o

:lol:
Sonne

Post by Sonne »

Only where you're concerned Doc :wink:

Sonne
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

The only issue i can see with him serving in certain places is the idea of him possibly creating an increased security risk. Take iraq for instance, is it not concievable to believe that Al Zarquari and his Al-Queda followers may relish the chance to take a pop at such a high profile target? Can you imagine the media frenzy/propoganda issue(for their benefits) if he were to be killed by them(hate to say it), you ask a suicide bomber if he/she would like to launch an attack on British soldiers that may include Prince Harry, and see what the responce may be. I just wonder if maybe there may be an increased risk of suicide attacks or any attacks on our soldiers in iraq if they knew Prince Harry was serving there???
beardo

Post by beardo »

Ill let the poll speak for itself...

The soldiers he is with are well trained and well prepared, yes it will make risks higher, but even without him the risks are still high. He wants to go, so let him
COMMANDO

Post by COMMANDO »

Crack on Royal!!
KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY!
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Oi You, Lofty, C`mere
Yes Your Royal Highness,
I don`t want no special treatment or nuffink, gorrit?
Certainly Your Royal Highness

Can`t see it meself. How can he really be a career officer" just like all the others"
As I see it in my twisted view of what I like to call "reality" the Windsors haven`t exactly covered themselves with success in any Military Endeavour since PTG was in the Andrew. Look at usefull Ted, or Prince Bullshit, ffs :roll:

That`s my chance of a Knighthood gone for a ball of chalk :roll:
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Tab

Post by Tab »

Well with the lot he is with they will probably stick him in charge of a bloody great Challenger tank or some thing like it.
RAF Reginald

Post by RAF Reginald »

It's the poor scrote standing in front of him holding the Royal banner who i feel sorry for!
Beret of blue, worn by many, earned by few!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Good luck to the lad.

2 days in the pit and back to Whitehall to make executive decisions about pensions, and visits to China selling UK car plants off.