Share This Page:

Nine fingered recruit

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
A.Rev

Nine fingered recruit

Post by A.Rev »

Quick question for ye, how likely is it that a bloke who'd lopped a finger off be accepted for RM training?
Just wondering, I haven't lost a finger yet but there's quite a higher than normal risk of losing a finger where I work. I'm not planning on chopping one off, but if it did happen and it was just my little finger, any one know if they'd still let me in.

This looks like quite a stupid question, and I don't mean to sound like some sort of pillock, but for me it's something I oughta consider :-?

Cheers ;)
hc00

Re: Nine fingered recruit

Post by hc00 »

A.Rev wrote:Quick question for ye, how likely is it that a bloke who'd lopped a finger off be accepted for RM training?
Just wondering, I haven't lost a finger yet but there's quite a higher than normal risk of losing a finger where I work. I'm not planning on chopping one off, but if it did happen and it was just my little finger, any one know if they'd still let me in.

This looks like quite a stupid question, and I don't mean to sound like some sort of pillock, but for me it's something I oughta consider :-?

Cheers ;)
To be honest If I was Yakuza I'd be more worried about my criminal record effecting my application.

:D

Sorry I dont really know much. I doubt it would effect it though. I just want to know where you work that has such a high risk of losing a finger.

Cause I always thought a joiner was someone who put up walls but obviously I was wrong.
Wo zhu ni jian kang.
A.Rev

Post by A.Rev »

Nah joiners make stuff to be fitted, doors, windows, that sort of stuff, in a workshop. The chippies fit it all.
We're the ones that work on lots of big machines that all want a piece of ya. Most the people at work have come close to losing digits, one bloke has lost one already and at college I've met a couple of nine fingered folk :-?
Tab

Post by Tab »

Now was it his trigger finger
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

But shouldn't the question be "what's the minimum number of fingers acceptable to apply?"
I mean if you run the risk of losing digits, isn't it possible if not likely that you could lose more than just one?
Shoulderholster

Post by Shoulderholster »

Just make sure the troop you join has a lad from Norfolk,he's sure to have a spare !.
SH
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Tab

Post by Tab »

I wonder if he can still pick his nose ?????
Artist

Post by Artist »

Whilst in training there were two Evans's Me and a bloke from of all places Glasgow who had the tip of his index finger missing. From then on I was "Evans the Finger" he was "Evans without"

Artist
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Artist wrote: From then on I was "Evans the Finger"

Artist

That explains a lot Stephan.
Which one do you use most?
Hardie Har Har.

Coat PLEASE.....
Artist

Post by Artist »

Sit back in yer chair Whooley and I'll plug yer in! :D

Artist
Sticky Blue

Post by Sticky Blue »

It would also depend on what finger it was.

So ling as you stop at a finger, you'll probably be OK but at the end of the day it is upto the medical people.
Drums beating, colours flying and bayonets fixed...
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Shrek The Royal

Post by Shrek The Royal »

Fella if it has hasnt happend dont worry about it! There is currently a serving CPT in the Corps that has half a leg missing from a mountain climbing accident he aslong as he completes the required fitness tests such as CFT etc.. he can continue (and he has) says a lot for abled bodied people that fail!

A missing finger shouldnt affect you that much, we had a lad in my troop in training who had a deformed hand and was told aslong as it didnt affect his abilities climbing ropes etc.. he would be ok.
A.Rev

Post by A.Rev »

Thats alright then, as long as I keep my hands out the spindle :)

I remember reading about the bloke who lost half a leg, and managed to pass again a while ago, inspiring stuff.

Cheers for the replies ;)
Artist

Post by Artist »

Did you know that Anne Boleyn one of Henry VIII's wives and ER1's mummy had four fingers and a thumb on her right hand but, five fingers and a thumb on her left hand. Well now you do. Bet thats made the day seem worthwhile for quite few people hey?

Artist
Shrek The Royal

Post by Shrek The Royal »

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

These long winter nights must just fly by with you around fella :lol: