Share This Page:

Ex-Royal Marine Dom Mee Lecture

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
james_m

Ex-Royal Marine Dom Mee Lecture

Post by james_m »

Good Day,

We have organised a talk by the world famous explorer Dom Mee (www.dommee.co.uk) about his solo kayak expedition deep into the Arctic Circle to follow in the footsteps of Sir John Ross's ill-fated expedition of 1829.

For details of this expedition please visit:
http://www.dommee.co.uk/pgs/expeditions ... -1831.html

The talk will take place in the Lecture Theatre at North Devon College on Thursday 16th February at 7.30pm.

Tickets will be £5 if booked in advance and £6 on the night.

All proceeds will go to a planned expedition for a group of 8 National Diploma:Outdoor Education students who plan to sea kayak around Majorca to pass their 2 year National Diploma course in June 2006.

If you are interested then please email me.
Cheers
James
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

Dom Mee came to RMR Bristol and gave this talk (or very similar) around 18 months ago, and personaly i thought it was really good, as did the rest of the lads from what i remember. I,d recommend it. Very interesting.He had some great video of footage from the trip, all without the big crew like productions that you see on documentary,s, and this made it far more real (man and nature) to me, if you see what i mean.

dwarfy