Share This Page:

Cocodamol G30/500

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
hc00

Cocodamol G30/500

Post by hc00 »

I have been told cocodamol G30/500 is a powerful painkiller. Is this true?

I ask as its not touching my toothache. But if it was powerful it would get rid of a toothache.
Skiffle

Post by Skiffle »

If it's toothache from within the tooth then no pain killers will touch it.

The only thing that will work is a dentist and drill to alleviate the pain. 8)

Alternatively you can get your dad's black and decker out the shed, use a low grade anaesthetic (lots of alcohol) and let your mate go to town. Not sure it'll help but still good for a laugh :D

You could always see a dentist or end up looking like this

Chaos, Disorder, Destruction.....My work here is done!

"The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been. --- Alan Ashley Pitt"

Why can't you accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
Sticky Blue

Post by Sticky Blue »

I think You'll find it is POM (Prescription Only Medication) and must be prescribed. I know most of the Cocodamol range are. If this is a low strength then it won't be any use, the strong stuff is POM
Drums beating, colours flying and bayonets fixed...
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
hc00

Post by hc00 »

Sticky Blue wrote:I think You'll find it is POM (Prescription Only Medication) and must be prescribed. I know most of the Cocodamol range are. If this is a low strength then it won't be any use, the strong stuff is POM
I know its POM, a friend with a prescription gave my mother some for her chest pains, it made her ill so I have been trying it for my toothaches.

I have been told though that this is a powerful one and just wanted to know if it was.

Skiffle wrote:If it's toothache from within the tooth then no pain killers will touch it.
Yeah its an abcess inside a tooth which's cap has rotted of which pushes the remaining tooth outwards while hurting the absecc because of the pressure caused by the tooth, and in turn the bits of tooth it pushes on are pinching (at least thats what it feels like) the gum underneath.

Im scared of the dentist making it worse, although I suppose it cant be helped, The rest of my teeth are ok its just my two molars.
Sticky Blue

Post by Sticky Blue »

I have a phobia about dentists but if the pain was that bad I'd be there now.
If you take someone else's POM and are thinking of joining up you could fail the CDT. If it is for someone else, it hasn't be prescribed for you and could potentially kill you, allergic reaction, annaphalactic shock etc etc GO TO THE DOCTOR OR DENTIST They are the professionals in this!
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Doc

Post by Doc »

co-codamol shouldn't be used without a pescription, with other paracetamol products and if you suffer from liver, kidney or respiratory (breathing) problems. Alcoholics should avoid it aswell.

It is an Opioid, which works in the same way as natural brain chemicals endorphins, which basically work to block the transmission of pain signals.

DF118's are the dogs bollocks for this.

Im a great believer in that if there is pain there is a cause, sort out the cause and you sort out the pain. Taking pain relief without sorting out the cause masks the symptons and therefore can hinder diagnosis.

Goto a dentist and get it sorted, then no pain , then no problem.

Simple really.

It is also illegal and dangerous to take a mates pills, and you and your Mum should bin them. Your mate could be done for illegal supply of a POM, and so could your Mum.

If all else fails theres always tubigrip and brufen, oh a no phys chit for 5 days :lol:
Sticky Blue

Post by Sticky Blue »

As it is tooth ache can't he have an excused mastication chit?

Whilst you are at it he may as well have an excused chewing chit as well... he probably hates giving them anyway :lol:

Throw in excused boots as well for a laugh
GD

Post by GD »

What you could do it go to a pharmacy and get a local anasthetic for it. Alternatively a piece of cotton wool soaked in whiskey and placed against the tooth will have the same effect. The upshot is though that nothing is going to to do more than give temporary relief until you get it sorted.

Get to a dentist man.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!
hc00

Post by hc00 »

Sticky Blue wrote:As it is tooth ache can't he have an excused mastication chit?

Whilst you are at it he may as well have an excused chewing chit as well... he probably hates giving them anyway :lol:

??

Whats a chit?

What do you man by all this (Newbie question probably)

I should see the dentist, would they mind me being drunk off my head when I turned up (as thats the only way I'll get the courage up probably) or will that mess with the anesthetic?
GD

Post by GD »

No son, it's nothing to do with Newbies. This is a military site and we talk military language in here. A 'chit' is a small signed document. In this case it refers to a permission slip from the medical officer to be excused certain duties.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Sticky Blue wrote:As it is tooth ache can't he have an excused mastication chit?

"Sticks this is Doc, New Keyboard to my location now , over!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Come on now Gent's
He's from Runcorn :P
Stix.
Did you say'Excused masturbation chit?" :P
SOL there then.
Doc. Don't even start. :P
Scottish Thistle

Post by Scottish Thistle »

Just go to the dentist rather than messing about with all sorts of painkillers. They'll only dull the pain for a little while anyway, not sort the problem out.

I'm petrified of dentists but I had a horrendous abscess a couple of months back and believe me, half an hour in a dentist chair was a doddle compared to the pain I was in.

And if that doesn't encourage you, my 4 year old son has just had an abscess cut and drained WITHOUT any anaesthetic other than gel and without a single whimper :P
Live well - laugh often - love much
John_D

Painkillers

Post by John_D »

hc00

G30/500 are a good painkiller, but as it has already
been stated the best way with toothache is to go to
a Dentist, failing that take a walk to Halton Hospital
and ask them to have a look at it.

Aye

John_D
[img]http://www.amazing-animations.com/gif/flag007.gif[/img]
Artist

Post by Artist »

The trouble with the things is that you get sort of immune to them over the years.

The things I have prescribed now are so strong that the Docs warned me not to sell them to Junkies! Just ordinary white tablets to look at but, by heck they are strong.

Bloody cheap night out on them mind. Shit for Brains Artist forgot he was taking newbie tablets didnt he then! One pint of Hydes Black and I was out of it. Not a nice experience in any way shape or form.

Artist