Share This Page:

Shooting At Stockwell

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Tab

Shooting At Stockwell

Post by Tab »

In the press today are the stories about the Brazilian who was shot at Stockwell station. It now appears he did not jump over the barrier, he was not challenged and failed to stop, he did not fall over inside the carriage and he did not have a baggy coat on, but was shot while being held in his seat, when fell from the seat he was shot eight more times and a further three shots missed at this close range. Now if this was a soldier he would be in court facing a War Crimes Tribunal, so what if any thing will happen to Policeman, not a lot I feel. So is not time the Soldiers were treated with the same understanding that the Police are.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Tab,
Do you have any links to this?
If, As a Policeman,I had shot someone eight plus times,
I'd be in the shite big time(Even here in the good ole USA)
Deadly Force is becoming more and more difficult to justify here.
Int.I can gather is the shooter was not a cop,But maybe a Spook.

Wholley.
Doc

Post by Doc »

In America a cop cant shoot a perp 8 times but can 8 cops shot him once?
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Doc.
Take 100 lines.
I will learn how to spell"Shoot"

Snigger 8)
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

What did they shoot him for? Wearing a baggy coat :-?
The inquest will find death by misadventure, the bill will have an internal enquiry where the shotist will be exonerated, the family will take out a civil action either against the Met or the shotist or both.
As I said at the start of this it`s going to look like shite when it gets to court.
Sad event, all round.
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Tab

Post by Tab »

Wholley......If you call up any of the National Newspapers you will get the story...Try the The Daily Telegraph....
harry hackedoff

Bang bang bang bang
who goes there,
who goes there
who goes there,
Bang bang bang bang, who goes there,
Bang bang who goes there 8)

Dum de dum de dum de dum, dum de dum de dar dah, 8) :roll: Say nowt, say fark all :wink:
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
tin4tin

Post by tin4tin »

personally i dont the met would have the bottle to put 8 rounds in someones head without asking any questions. i reckon it was either sas or part of the uksf or mi6 or mi5. no cop would have the bottle to do it
harry hackedoff

New guidelines with suspected suicide bombers, don’t say "Armed Police" as it may be the last thing you ever say. Someone made a decision to pop this guy and, within seconds, carried out that decision. At the time of the shooting and with all the pressure on the bill to get a result, it`s not surprising that this happened. My opinion is that the guy was a casualty, for sure. He was a casualty of the actions of the terrorists, not the individual copper who unloaded into his head.
It’ll still look like shit when it gets to court.
lew

Post by lew »

It was a split second decision, he made it, ok it was the wrong call but at least the guy had the bottle to make such a decision, what would of happened if this guy was a terrorist, the copper didn’t shoot him and he blew the train up with allot of innocents on board? There would be hell to pay if the media found out the armed police didn’t have the balls to take the shot.

Oh was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me, I heard (I know before you say it :roll:) that this guys visa expired 2 years ago, so if he had left the country when he was meant to he would be alive and well.

I know it’s not the point, but still would be interesting to find out if this was true.

Oh one more thing, does it bother anyone else seeing armed police on the streets in London? I really don’t like it.

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
Tab

Post by Tab »

Our Local police broke into a building on a drugs raid and shot a naked chap dead in bed with his girl friend next to him. It took a few years for this to get to court. What was the policeman's excuse, " I was frightened and shot him" and he got away with it. Can you imaging some little sprog out on patrol coming out with that and getting away with it at his Court Martial.
Dave.Mil

Post by Dave.Mil »

gone
Last edited by Dave.Mil on Fri 02 Dec, 2005 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

lew wrote:It was a split second decision,
Eight rounds is not a split second decision.
Two plus one is training,Eight to the back of the head is pre-meditated.
It was a hit,pure and simple.
Still doubt it was Plod.
And as for the target,
OOP'S.
Artist

Post by Artist »

If I was in the guys boots who shot Mr Delmonti I would have done the same thing. Maybe not 5 rounds but the thought of the bugger going BANG would have been foremost in my mind.

Now all the talk is about the poor, poor Dago copping it, no mention of the 50 odd poor sods who were killed. Bloody PC rears it's ugly head again.

Bring back the Birch as far as I'm concerned. And the PC mob would be first in the queue.

Artist
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

lew wrote:
Oh one more thing, does it bother anyone else seeing armed police on the streets in London? I really don’t like it.
You may as well get used to it.It's been happening for a lot longer than you know.Area Cars have carried for the last thirty years or more.
Then there's ART's.We've had some London Met.train here at our Law Enforcement College.'Kin good Tactical Range.