Share This Page:

Marines prog on ITV

Discussions about those units who make up the Commando’s.
jamie

Marines prog on ITV

Post by jamie »

There is a programe on tonight (3rd july) which follows marine recruits and it also takes a look at 40 commando after their deployment to afghanistan. its on at 22:50 till 23:20. Problem is, its being show on HTV as far as it says in my tv mag. HTV (west) can be seen throught sky digital. (thats how i'll get to see it) sorry i cant tell anyone the frequency of that channel so you can tune it in........:cry:
jamie

Post by jamie »

Just watched the programme and i thought it was very good. Just the kind of thing i could ask for as im hoping to join in a few months. Its a series so hopefully lots more to come :D
jamie

Post by jamie »

Heres how to get ITV west through sky digital:

First press the "Services" button on your remote

Select "4 System Setup", then select "4 Add Channels" at the next menu.

Now use the arrow keys to select the Frequency(10.832/H), Polarisation(22.0), Symbol Rate and FEC(5/6)

Now select "Find Channels" - A list of available channels will appear.

Select the channels you wish to add by pressing the YELLOW button. Then press "Select" when finished

Your set top box will then display "Channel Line-up Complete".

Press "Select" to continue.

The new channels can now be viewed by selecting "Other Channels" from the services menu.

Enjoy :o
Rotary Booty

Post by Rotary Booty »

Thanks Jamie, that worked a treat and I can now watch HTV (West) in Dorset! Now all I need to know is when the next Marines programme will be shown. :D
jamie

Post by jamie »

hey
glad u managed to make it work :D
the next programme should be on the same time next week 22:50 wed nite

For more info there is a website which gives you a brief synopsis of each episode

www.itv.com/royalmarines
JR

Post by JR »

:D Cheers Jamie,Tuned in and watched the program this evening Wed 17th,the attitude of those youngsters going through the course Superb,The Corps is in safe hands,Aye jr (one of the old and bold)
Rotary Booty

Post by Rotary Booty »

I really enjoyed watching the prog on Wednesday, thanks Jamie, and it went a long way towards making up for that other disaster on Channel 4! I too was impressed by the standard of recruits at Lympstone, and the equipment they have to recover from injuries with! My daughter was especially impressed with the size of those guys!!!!!!!!!!!
40 Commando seem to think that 'putting on a tattoo' means something different to the ones we did when we left Malta etc! :roll:
I look forward to the next episode, and just hope that my Sky digi box is fixed by then!
jamie

Post by jamie »

i went to ctcrm in january as it was my mates parents day and because i was interested i went along to see what it was like. I was absolutely struck over by the place, the history and facilities were amazing to see. We were given a little tour and i got an excellent idea of what life would be like if i managed to get in. We were taken to the gym where hunter company were hard at work. We were told that the gym had recently been updated with £250 000 worth of equiptment. All the machines are linked up to a central computer where the medical staff and PTI's can see how a recruit is progressing. Recruits are also given individual work programes as all are at different standards due to the various injuries etc. This really impressed me and told me that the recruits were very well looked after and not given up on. Even If i pass my prmc i hope i wont end up using those facilities!!
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

can`t get ITV west, here in theCotswolds. Is this the same prog that has Martin Shaw of The Professionals doing the voice-over? Or something else?

Aye, Harry
Mutley

Post by Mutley »

After a spell as a police chief Martin Shaw became a surgeon, but he's a Judge now, so with all that studying and that I don't think he has had time to do voice overs.

Anyone know how to get HTV through an off-digital box?
Wein, weib und gesang

[img]http://www.hotink.com/wacky/m-ani.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Mutley

Post by Mutley »

Loz you must mean, knit one pearl one, directional radiation patterns, knit one pearl two, and strong adjacents.

I agree it is summer hols now and a couple of nights on the tiles might do the lad good , but no damned if I'll send the nipper on the roof again, it took almost a month to get the extra high gain receiver, preamplifier and set top box (what a stupid name for something that fits nicely under the TV) tuned to Rowridge.

Yours Aye

knit one, pearl one
Wein, weib und gesang

[img]http://www.hotink.com/wacky/m-ani.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Beast »

Is anyone recording all these series?
Wouldn't mind seeing the vid to see how things have changed.
Will come useful for information also for a training site.
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Thanks for the info Jamie! I was trying random frequencies but couldn't find it, cheers! :D

-Steve C
[b] "I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death" [/b]