Share This Page:

lost records?

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
cullen123

lost records?

Post by cullen123 »

Hi i wonder if anyone can help, i passed my jumps course at brize in 1990.
I am currently with raf reg reserves but thinking of transferring to Army as combat pioneer.
I have never worn my wing with RAF but now im transferring i am thinking about wearing the wing again.
Problem is my local unit needs proof of course that i actually did jumps course.
Not a problem or so i thought!!!!!
I approached 4 para HQ pudsey who i did p coy and jumps and they said i would have to contact an address in scotland (Glasgow) for my records.
I did so, but to my suprise, after waiting 6 weeks they wrote back to advise me they have no record, im gutted, at 45 yrs old my chances of going through it all again are less than zero.
Can anyone advise me of any way forward, i really want to wear my wing now.
Its important, to me!!!
Cheers for any help.
Tab

Re: lost records?

Post by Tab »

I did my P Course in 1955, and I can tell you my number on that course, when I went to Abingdon it was January 1956 and my course No was 413 now if I can remember that from 55 years ago I thought that you should be able to remember when you did your jumps.
On a visit to RAF Brieze Norton I went into No1 Parachute Training School Museum where every one that has been on a Parachute Training course is listed and I even found a photograph of my self at the end of the jump in Museum. There are row upon row of these books in the museum and they even have the records of the SOE agents they trained and there photo's. So if you did your jumps they have a record off them, but give them accurate information or they will give up looking.
cullen123

Post by cullen123 »

Hi thanks for your response. Ive been away to warmer climes. I dont remember in post suggesting I had forgotten p number or jump reference. Now, with that in mind, I sent all of those details to glasgow. They have no record. I have heard on many occasions fellow servicemen have had difficulties with glasgow. As it now stands I wear my wing. But not beret, happy days. Thanks for reply.
Tab

Post by Tab »

You must have a good idea when you did your jumps, like what year and what part of the year like spring, summer, autumn or winter. This will help pin it all down of you ask No1 Parachute Training School for help.
cullen123

Post by cullen123 »

Thanks, the issue has never been around me forgetting when I did pcoy or jumps. I know what year and month and number on jumps. Now, there is proof that I did pcoy but no evidence of jumps. You have to remember, its not me that is unsure of facts or numbers or dates. Far from it. I even remember some of the guys on jumps course. But hey, im at a point now where I really dont care, I know what I did and when. I can live with that. Thanks. Case closed.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

get on the blower to brize norton. they will sort it. get your head shed in the oggies to find the contact number for you.
'Every man an Emperor'