Share This Page:

British Army's position towards flat feet

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Mr. Clean

British Army's position towards flat feet

Post by Mr. Clean »

Hello folks,

I was wondering if the British Army accepts candidates with flat feet? I wear custom-made insoles that I can fit in just about any shoe/boot, and my feet do not really cause me any problem, I can walk for as long and run as hard as people with "normal" feet.

I'm canadian and already made an application with the canadian forces (and my feet got through the medical) but it's been nearly a year now and I still don't know if I'm in and when I'd start basic. That's why I'm thinking of flying over and joining the British Army. I'd be interested in joining as a tank crewman.

Cheers,

Mr. Clean
BigFatCivvy

Post by BigFatCivvy »

Since you are in Canada mate, you can't really pop into your local AFCO (armed forces career office), so the next best thing would be the online AFCO. Go to the british army website, and follow the relevant links. You can send them a question, and they'll get back to you. They are generally rather vague with their answers I find, but it's worth a go :D .

I personally thought flat feet was a no go, but I don't know if it is these days. Perhaps it would be fine with a tank regt, but I can't say. Good luck!

BFC.
Now then, then now, now then now, now then. Never poo poo a poo poo. Damned stout fellow.