Share This Page:

Careers- RMP OR NOT?

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
lewislloyd

Careers- RMP OR NOT?

Post by lewislloyd »

Hi guys, I'm looking to join the army at 18 (i want A levels first), I want to work in close protection outside of the army protecting high class people and the rich, firstly....

How fit should i start to be getting eg going to the gym 3 times a week, running and swimming?
Are the RMP a respected corps or are they hated, I'm considering joining them but maybe even paras http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/ ... 85e#.Would be great if there is like a compromise between the two.
What is better officer or solider in the RMP same with para.

If i join RMP is the close protection hard or will i pass easy if i keep fit.

Sorry for long question, if you need more detail just ask
Tab

Re: Careers- RMP OR NOT?

Post by Tab »

There are a number of sites that will give you the information about the fitness you require to be able to join the Army. If you want to go into close protection you will be looked on favorable if you have been a Para or a Commando
lewislloyd

Post by lewislloyd »

Tab wrote:There are a number of sites that will give you the information about the fitness you require to be able to join the Army. If you want to go into close protection you will be looked on favorable if you have been a Para or a Commando
Thx for the advice, if i join as RMP can i go on to switch to the paras or become a commando
Tab

Post by Tab »

The Paras you need to sign on them them directly, but you can apply to do the P Course, but this can be harder route for you as you only have a short spell to do it. In the Paras you work up to this and your training is designed to get as many people through the course as possible. The Commandos well they are run by the navy and not the army and if you wish to go down this path then you will need sign on for them