Share This Page:

Medical Question Help

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
AmuX123

Medical Question Help

Post by AmuX123 »

Hi

2 weeks ago I applied to join the British Army. When my online medical questionnaire came I filled out everything and sent it off. I woke up to find that i had been declined. I was very sad buy I decided to do some research on why I could have been declined. On the questionnaire I put down that I had a allergy (Peanuts) and also a problem breathing (Ashema). I know that both would stop me from joining the army however I'm wondering if I could appeal the decision to decline my application due to a number of reasons.

I only had Ashema when I was a child what I've grown out of and I'm able to show evidence of this from a record of when I last had a prescription inhaler what was 7 years ago. My peanut allergy is extremely mild. When I first had a blood test to determine if I was allergic to peanuts or not I was told it was a very minor allergy. I've also accidentally eaten peanuts in the past and had only a very small reaction (very slight itchy skin and a runny noes) and not had to even take a EPIPEN. I can also show proof that my allergy is minor in the forms of documents provided to me by my local doctors and that I have not had a single case where I've had to use my EPIPEN or go to the hospital.

Is this enough proof for me to appeal and have a chance of being accepted into the British Army? Just been doing a lot of reaserch on this topic and found that there are service men/women both present and in the past that have had worse allergic reactions that I currently have.

Thanks.
AmuX123

Re: Medical Question Help

Post by AmuX123 »

Also if anyone is wondering I'm currently 18 and turning 19 in March.
Tab

Re: Medical Question Help

Post by Tab »

The Army has to work on the safe side, if you were taken ill through this on operations then they would have a hell of job in getting you treatment and out of harms way. Should anything more serious happen to you then question would be asked of them in just why they took you on knowing that you were prone to this kind of problem.