Share This Page:

AK47 stripable replica

Firearm and Weapon Discussions - Anything capable of firing a projectile and using an explosive charge as a propellant.
caffeinated

AK47 stripable replica

Post by caffeinated »

Hello,
I bought an AK47 from a c/sm range officer,who told me,the barrel had been blocked at the chamber and muzzle,however,when I stripped the piece,the reciever appears(see images) as if it was made like it was blocked,so............
It appears I have bought a replica? are there any signs that I could look for that it is a replica?
Attachments
DSCF6636.JPG
DSCF6636.JPG (58.9 KiB) Viewed 7512 times
DSCF6634.JPG
DSCF6634.JPG (90.95 KiB) Viewed 7512 times
Pic of receiver
Pic of receiver
DSCF6637.JPG (60.99 KiB) Viewed 7512 times
Tab

Re: AK47 stripable replica

Post by Tab »

It appears that it has been deactivated, if so you should have a certificate to that effect if not and you are caught with it then you are in trouble
caffeinated

Post by caffeinated »

I am afraid you are incorrect.
I have now had it examined by an expert and it is a replica.
Fearmongering
Tab

Post by Tab »

Not fear mongering but cautious. I have a large selection of deactivated weapons that I use for displays and lectures.
Zero_Higher

Post by Zero_Higher »

Caffeinated, Welcome.

I suggest you make sure you are 100% aware of the laws surrounding realistic imitation firearms. Hopefully it goes without saying that it is an offence to possess an imitation firearm in a public place (unless you have a reasonable excuse) Exceptions include historical re-enactments, theatrical productions and film making etc.

An imitation firearm has been defined as 'anything, which has the appearance of a firearm' so could include toy guns. Many imitation weapons like yours are very realistic and until the weapon has been seized it is difficult to ascertain whether it is genuine or not.

Be aware all calls to police involving firearms are treated as if it is a genuine firearm and you could find yourself surrounded by highly trained firearm officers pointing real weapons at you.

Have a quick google of the the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 for more information.

Enjoy the forum,

Zero.
A determined person doesn't find it hard to succeed; they find it hard to stop trying